Calorie Help - Getting Serious

Options
mraq93
mraq93 Posts: 12 Member
Hi there!
I am currently breastfeeding and my little guy is almost one. I have not been cracking down on calories as I was worried about my supply. I plan to continue to breastfeed, but I am no longer as concerned because he has started to include more solids into his diet.

I'm 5'11 and 173lbs. Wanting to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight of 160. I have been at the same weight for months. I always feel hungry. Prior to my second baby, I was easily managing my hunger and weight. Suggestions for the number of calories I should eat to maintain somewhat of a supply while dropping the last 13?

Replies

• Rebekahl87
    Rebekahl87 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    To start, where has your calorie intake been during breastfeeding and maintaining your weight? The goal should be to eat as much as you can while still losing weight as well as maintaining your supply. I wouldn't recommend going much lower than 1500-1600 calories, but again, that will depend on where you're at now. I've sent you a friend request. :)
  • mraq93
    mraq93 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been averaging 1,800-2,000 each day. I thought about trying 1,500. I've always just felt so hungry if I go below. Prior to breastfeeding and pregnancy, I ate roughly 1,200 and felt fine. I'll add you. Although I'll admit, I haven't been tracking much recently.