Weighing yourself

Options
2»

Replies

• Jcl81
    Jcl81 Posts: 154 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Weight can fluctuate up to something like 6-8% of you total weight a day (depending on water intake, salt intake, and when you eat.) Because of this I weight everyday the same time and try to stay consistent in everything I do.

Although, some days the numbers do go up I keep typing in those numbers. If a person does this they should still see a decrease eventually, also everything will balance. If not something is wrong.

It should be natural after 20 hours of doing something over and over, at least that is what science says. It becomes a pattern then.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,564 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    I weigh daily - but I understand and accept my weight fluctuates for all sorts of reasons.
    It's data not emotion.

The problem isn't the frequency of weighing yourself (whatever intervals you personally choose) - it's putting too much importance on the number

Soooo much this.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    It's routine. Wake up. Use the bathroom. Weigh myself. Everyday. Log everyday.

That got me to a weight loss I'm happy with and a body I like.

I want to keep it this way, so that's now my life. :p
  • Celine123456782016
    Celine123456782016 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This may be blunt, but I literally got rid of the scale! It's tough by all means! But it helped me to accept not always knowing what my weight was and to force myself to stop obsessing so much! If I go somewhere and see they have a scale, sure I'll check, but aside from the doctor, I'm okay with it now!
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and enter the number into Happy Scale on my phone. I have no idea what the number is from day to day, but know if the trend is OK. I also try and predict what it's going to be based on what I did the day before - it makes it interesting and reassures me that I'm (still) learning how my body responds to what I ask of it.

It can take a while to let other things take up space in your brain than weight and calories. That's perfectly natural and not obsessive IMO. It gets easier with time, but if you've relied on the scale to lose the weight, I wouldn't let go of that in maintenance or you might get a nasty surprise.