Up in Arms

Options
volfan22
volfan22 Posts: 149 Member
I'm looking for a good upper arm (bicep/tricep/shoulder) routine to help get rid of the "wings." I have been doing some and have seen improvement on my upper arm but I still have that damn dangle.....any ideas?

Replies

• megan4487
    megan4487 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I dont have any ideas, but I would love to know what you are currently doing, and if anyone else has some suggestions, I need to get rid of my "bingo arms"
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    I probably do the standard ones like you do, but if you find new ones with results please share,
    I have that same dreaded problem I'm afraid!

Good luck dear! :smile:
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My arms aren't amazing either but... maybe try shadow boxing with hand weights? I also do an arm exercise where you have two hand weights (I used 8lb weights) - lift your arms straight above your head, bring them down to your side (keeping your arms straight and pulling your arms apart from each other, kind of making a big circle) and then do a curl. I would repeat this for the desired number of reps.

Just a few suggestions, hope it inspires you.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    You can tone and tighten those muscles but you can not spot reduce with fat... your body choose where it will take it from.
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    I'm thinking about getting Kettleworx, but in the mean time I'm trying to fit this into the schedule:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/268701-get-rid-of-flabby-arms-without-weights
  • volfan22
    Options
    I dont have any ideas, but I would love to know what you are currently doing, and if anyone else has some suggestions, I need to get rid of my "bingo arms"

I do the military shoulder press, push ups (girlie kind), curls, bench press, peck-deck, tricep press (rope attachment), curls (rope attachment). I have tried the "sissy-bar" curl too. Sometimes I achieve muscle failure - but I get confused about the routine at that point. Do I stop? Do I lower the weight and continue? I don't want big bulky arms. I'm only using about 20-30 lbs (depending on the set).

I also do cardio for weight loss and mix it up. It's also worthy to note that I only work my arms once per week.....may not be enough?
  • StrengthCoach0702
    StrengthCoach0702 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more applies here. There is no miracle movement to save you from Bingo arms unfortunately. You can't turn loose skin or fat into muscle.
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    Me too...I just keep doing the same things you are and it is slowly shrinking. I guess it just takes time and patience which is very hard to deal with, lol! :wink:
  • volfan22
    Options
    I'm thinking about getting Kettleworx, but in the mean time I'm trying to fit this into the schedule:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/268701-get-rid-of-flabby-arms-without-weights

Those are awesome workouts - I'll try to add those to my weekly routine since it's not weight training! Thanks so much for the tips!!
  • JoSa37
    JoSa37 Posts: 16
    Options
    Some of my favorite tricep exercises are overhead tricep extensions, dumbbell kickbacks and skull crushers. As a variation to your workout, when you get to failure lower the weight and continue on to the next failure and repeat. Regardless don't get discouraged if you don't see results right away, we see ourselves daily and don't notice them. For me the biggest boost is when someone I don't see regularly notices the lose. Best of luck and stick with it, it will work.
  • volfan22
    Options
    Some of my favorite tricep exercises are overhead tricep extensions, dumbbell kickbacks and skull crushers. As a variation to your workout, when you get to failure lower the weight and continue on to the next failure and repeat. Regardless don't get discouraged if you don't see results right away, we see ourselves daily and don't notice them. For me the biggest boost is when someone I don't see regularly notices the lose. Best of luck and stick with it, it will work.

What is a skull crusher? That sounds interesting...and painful! LOL
  • JoSa37
    JoSa37 Posts: 16
    Options
    Here is a video on skull crushers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_HxupStU7I

Best of luck with your arms.
  • mspix
    mspix Posts: 153
    Options
    Arm circles!