Has anyone here had WLS? Bariataric Surgery like the Sleeve?

Options
SugarySweetheart
SugarySweetheart Posts: 154 Member
edited June 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I would like to know your experience and your journey. I know it's not a cure but a TOOL and if not used properly you can gain the weight back.

After being diagnosed with so many diseases I'm considering this to extend my life. My blood work revealed I have a heart of an "86" year old and I have too much life yet to experience!

What has been your experience? and do you consider it a success?

SW 244
CW 222
GW 140

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You've already lost 22lbs... what you're doing is working without surgery?
  • SugarySweetheart
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @Tavistock Toad I can lose up to 50 pounds but I usually gain it back and more (added pounds). I have been dieting for 25 years. Trying one thing after another and for me it's not a vanity issue, it really is a health and life issue. I've tried it all, Atkins, Deal a Meal, MFP, Going Vegetarian, Phen-Fenn, Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, etc. Guthy Renker owes me thousands for all the diet and exercise plans I bought and their guarantees failed me.
  • SugarySweetheart
    Options
    Anyone?
  • amber76bailey
    amber76bailey Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Go search the forum TT thinner times. You will find a million people there who can answer every question you have.... bypass, band sleeve. Newbies to 5 plus years after surgery.
  • SugarySweetheart
    Options
    @amber76bailey THANK YOU! B)
  • JamesBost2016
    JamesBost2016 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I think that the question I ask myself since I'm on the path to WLS is this. Is losing 32 lbs in 7 weeks something I can achieve without a push for the next 40 years? I think that I need the push.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I believe that the problem, is that your temporarily dieting enough to lose some weight; rather than making permanent lifestyle changes to keep the weight off. You can't continue "dieting" even with surgery because then, you'll still gain all of the weight back plus more; as you've been doing. The only difference, is that it'll take a little more time; to gain the weight back because it'll take time, for your stomach to expand again but it will, as if you never had the surgery; if you don't cease dieting altogether & change your lifestyle instead. It'd be like an alcoholic getting a new liver, they'd eventually need another transplant; if they keep excessively drinking. Just like some who've had weight loss surgery, need to have the surgery; a 2nd time.
  • SugarySweetheart
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I believe that the problem, is that your temporarily dieting enough to lose some weight; rather than making permanent lifestyle changes to keep the weight off. You can't continue "dieting" even with surgery because then, you'll still gain all of the weight back plus more; as you've been doing. The only difference, is that it'll take a little more time; to gain the weight back because it'll take time, for your stomach to expand again but it will, as if you never had the surgery; if you don't cease dieting altogether & change your lifestyle instead. It'd be like an alcoholic getting a new liver, they'd eventually need another transplant; if they keep excessively drinking. Just like some who've had weight loss surgery, need to have the surgery; a 2nd time.

@FridayApril01st2016

I completely and totally disagree with your opinion. You see surgery is but a tool to gain control and reverse the hormones for a year to get the transformation needed to live a "new lifestyle". You see there is a site named Bariatric Pals and so many people have succeeded for years and have never expanded their stomachs or gone back to their old weight. As a matter of fact statistics show that diets only work for 5% of people while surgery has a 75% success rate! I was only wondering if anyone here had already shared their experience.. but thank you for responding. B)