Chicken Curry

Options
mgmlap
mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
Here is my mom's recipe for chicken curry. Since we had it every Sunday for lunch after church..its not all fancy..just good. My kids ask for this whenever they go out of town to see their grandparents..its now become their comfort food. I do not know the nutrition stuff..but the ingredients dont scream "bad"..LOL...Enjoy...

Chicken Curry
5 chicken breast -cut up
4 cups chicken broth
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped ginger/chopped garlic mix
2 tsp cumin/coriander powder mix
¼ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp garam masala (this is an Indian all spice)
Salt to taste
½ cup tomato sauce
4 potatoes, cut up (can omit)
Olive oil

Put enough oil in a pan to cover the bottom and a bit more
Sauté onions, till soft, add more oil if needed
Add ginger/garlic, stir
Add all spices-stir 1 minute
Add salt
Add tomato sauce
Add chicken, stir till chicken turns white
Add chicken broth-cover
Once it boils, add potatoes-turn down to medium heat
Make rice-any rice will do...
Once rice is done, chicken is done

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting, definitely looking forward to giving this one a try!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    thanx for sharing!
  • jnchorn
    jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Yum I like curry and indian foods Thanks for posting :)
  • masonmst
    masonmst Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I put the recipe into the MFP recipe database..with all the nutritional info...if you guys want more recipes..let me know what type of protein..or veg..and I will send you one back.

My recipes are authentic..considering I am Indian..and rarely go to restaurants..Let me know if you want chicken tikka or tandoori chicken recipes..I have those too.

Happy Eating!
    Marlene
  • kevin2406
    kevin2406 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    omg that sounds delish. will defo be trying that one out!
  • sandybeach11
    sandybeach11 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish. Thanks for sharing.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    yum
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    mgmlap wrote: »
    I put the recipe into the MFP recipe database..with all the nutritional info...if you guys want more recipes..let me know what type of protein..or veg..and I will send you one back.

My recipes are authentic..considering I am Indian..and rarely go to restaurants..Let me know if you want chicken tikka or tandoori chicken recipes..I have those too.

Happy Eating!
    Marlene

OMG can you post a good chicken saagwala? Pleeeeeease? :#
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    mgmlap wrote: »

Happy Eating!
    Marlene

Thanks for the generous offer to assist in a recipe.... I love tandoori chicken and samosa recipes... Especially the dough for the samosa...thanks so much

• feetmayfail
    Options
    Awesome! I am attempting to recreate some indian dishes at home. I just bought garam masala! Appreciate the recipe. I'm sure other would love it if you posted other dishes as well!
  • hensue11
    hensue11 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This might gross you guys out, but quite a few 'island' folk adds some sugar to curries;) also some kind of thickening agent ;)
  • MaddyT122
    MaddyT122 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I love Indian food. I've tried cooking it before so I have many of the spices. Any chance you could post a recipe for Butter Chicken? :)
  • feetmayfail
    Options
    Last night I attempted a chana masala recipe that I found and failed miserably... :( I'm going to have to try this chicken recipe soon.