New day new start

Back on track today starting LC, IF, and Yogalates!
Wish me luck

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    That's a lot at once. I lost 50 pounds eating my normal food, but less, and walking a little more.
  • downa100
    downa100 Posts: 184 Member
    You mean eating ur normal food but doing IF? I have 50 lbs to lose too
  • Celine123456782016
    Celine123456782016 Posts: 12 Member
    Sounds like a lot of fun! Good luck!
  • kommodevaran
    downa100 wrote: »

No, I started with 6 meals a day, and now I eat 4. But that doesn't really matter. Calories are what matters. LC (I take it it means low carb?) and IF can help you stick to your calorie allowance, but if it doesn't, it won't. You need something you can stick to. For most people, that's their usual food.
  • dk6boys
    dk6boys Posts: 67 Member
    @downa100 I'm getting back on track as well today! Needed a weekend break from running and from tracking every little thing I ate! Back to low carb today!
  • Sonyammac
    Sonyammac Posts: 1 Member
    That's a lot at once. I lost 50 pounds eating my normal food, but less, and walking a little more.

Awesome! I need to lose about 45 lbs myself. I was told it's 80% what you eat and 20% working out. Do you agree? How long did it take to lose the 50 lbs?
  • kommodevaran
    Sonyammac wrote: »

Awesome! I need to lose about 45 lbs myself. I was told it's 80% what you eat and 20% working out. Do you agree? How long did it take to lose the 50 lbs?

Thank you :) It took around a year (I didn't weigh myself at my top weight, I must have been around 176 pounds Aug/Sep 2013 - I was 172 pounds in late Oct 2013 and started counting calories; Oct 2014 I hit goal weight of 128 pounds, which I now regard as the upper limit of my maintenance range). For me, the food part is most important, and I've learnt a lot about food and nutrition. Moving got more pleasureable as I lost weight, and I do it because I like it now.
  • downa100
    downa100 Posts: 184 Member

No, I started with 6 meals a day, and now I eat 4. But that doesn't really matter. Calories are what matters. LC (I take it it means low carb?) and IF can help you stick to your calorie allowance, but if it doesn't, it won't. You need something you can stick to. For most people, that's their usual food.

Couldn't do IF LOL got hungry and didn't want to binge do might stick too only low carb for now ahahahaha. I have PCOS so low carb is the way to go for me. I have lost 85lbs last year but fell off the wagon and now need to start back again. I did low carb but never tried IF. I guess it's not for me hahaha
  • kommodevaran

Couldn't do IF LOL got hungry and didn't want to binge do might stick too only low carb for now ahahahaha. I have PCOS so low carb is the way to go for me. I have lost 85lbs last year but fell off the wagon and now need to start back again. I did low carb but never tried IF. I guess it's not for me hahaha

Weight loss/management isn't really that complicated. It takes an effort, but it's basically as hard as you make it. But you need to take it seriously if you want results.