Wrist wraps?

Options
Hello, iv been having wrist pain, I was thinking of wearing a wrist wrap until the pain is better, what do you think?

Replies

• SethJordan
    SethJordan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If the pain is tolerable, I would definitely invest in some wrist wraps for all of your pushing movements (Shoulder Presses, Barbell/Dumbell Bench). If the pain is intolerable, I would get it checked out and rest until it is fully healed because if you push it too much, you could end up doing some damage and be out even longer.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    when i have wrist pain, i dont do whatever it is that causes that pain. i look for modifications for that exercise. Like pushups i can't put my hands flat on the ground, i have to hold dumbbells or the side of a bosu Wraps might help, but wait until you dont have any more pain before you start using them and start out slow. Your wrist pain might also just be from wrong wrist form on whatever you are doing, that is somethign to thing about.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    SethJordan wrote: »
    If the pain is tolerable, I would definitely invest in some wrist wraps for all of your pushing movements (Shoulder Presses, Barbell/Dumbell Bench). If the pain is intolerable, I would get it checked out and rest until it is fully healed because if you push it too much, you could end up doing some damage and be out even longer.

I have some wrist issues caused by my profession (prone to tendonitis) and using wraps all the time as mentioned above has helped me a lot. The one time I ignored it I wound up at an orthopedist having cortisone injections. Don't push it now until you're feeling better, and then keep wraps on all the time.

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Find out what's causing the pain and fix it. If you don't fix that, it really won't matter if you wear wraps or not.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    It's probably worth asking your doctor, but honestly I didn't. I only use them on heavy lifts and I haven't had much pain since I started using them (it's been at least 2 years). I like them for back squats as well as the other primarily lifts.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    SethJordan wrote: »

The pain is ok, it's not intolerable
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    SonyaCele wrote: »
    when i have wrist pain, i dont do whatever it is that causes that pain. i look for modifications for that exercise. Like pushups i can't put my hands flat on the ground, i have to hold dumbbells or the side of a bosu Wraps might help, but wait until you dont have any more pain before you start using them and start out slow. Your wrist pain might also just be from wrong wrist form on whatever you are doing, that is somethign to thing about.

Iv done that, I don't do bent over rows or underhand pulldowns.