Less to lose: the final 10 pounds

Options
Hello! I've been "trying" to drop the final 10 lbs from my pregnancy weight for almost 4 years. Staying motivated for these last 10 pounds has been the hardest. Do any of you also struggle with those last few pounds and want to join me to finally get them off once and for all?

Replies

• welshgirlhelen
    welshgirlhelen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    yes please!! I have set myself a goal of 7lbs but seriously struggle to lose even a lb a week. I have 3 children aged 14,11 and 7 and I lost a load of weight when I left my ex husband but gradually becoming happier and complacent I have put a stone on.... 7lbs would make me feel so much better about myself. I'm a titch at 38 years old and 5 ft 4 lol so any extra lbs show so quickly on me. Would love to hear from you.Helen x
  • lulola954
    lulola954 Posts: 12 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I've struggleed with losing my last 10lbs, also. My baby is 16 months old and I've already lost the 20 lbs (postnatal) last year and an extra 10 lbs this year by detoxing. But the final 10 lbs is very stubborn, if anyone have any tips other than the fad diets and diet pills/shakes, let me know please. My stats: 36 y.o., 5'4", 150lbs.
  • AdEllie00
    AdEllie00 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 40 in a few months. I'm really hoping that I can lose this last amount by then. I've been doing really well this week with tracking all my calories. I've gone over a few times but not too much and I'm sure I'm still consuming so much less than I would if I wasn't keeping up with it. We're heading on vacation this week so this will definitely be more of a challenge. I'm going to just try and stay focused on making smart choices as well as staying active.
  • k_nelson_24
    k_nelson_24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have about 9 lbs left to lose! I have lost 90 lbs so far. I also have a 16-month-old. Time for me to buckle down!
  • tcfhan
    tcfhan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have 10 lbs to lose too! I've read articles about this, and some people call them "Vanity pounds". Sometimes I wonder if I'm at a good enough weight, but I am only 5", and I think that extra 10 lbs would really make a big difference. I feel like we will all need a little extra motivation for the last 10 lbs because they come off much slowly. We can do it everyone!!!
  • BlueberryWatermelon
    BlueberryWatermelon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Ugh, yes. I'm down 8 pounds, with 12 more to go. (No baby weight - just vanity, lol.) I am making progress, but it feel suuuuuper slow. I have a feeling it will only get harder as I get closer to my goal weight.

• kuksabs
    kuksabs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I too find it hard to lose the last 5 lbs. Must be my age, I am 48 years old. I have noticed that I lose weight only if I stay under 1000 calories, or else weight just creeps up.

I do cardio 6 days a week, as well as strength training 3 to 4 times a week. Strength training has helped me tone up my hips, arms and tummy area.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Looking for some new friends too, after I gained back 10lbs over the last year. Trying to lose another 10-12 more pounds now.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Me too! I got down to my goal weight last year, and then got lazy and gained back 15 pounds. I always stall out when I get close. Sigh. I only have 3 more pounds to be in the 130s, then I need to get down to 130 or 135.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I'm down to my last 5. I just have to be very accurate and very consistent for a long freaking time. It's agonizingly slow, at least it has been for me.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I am exactly 10 pounds from my original goal. When I get there, I will decide if I want to go another 10.