Help 6 weeks

I have 6 weeks until my birthday how much weight ideally is possible to loose if I eat very well and workout 5-6 times a week?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    It depends on how much you weigh now.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited June 2016
    Depends on your original weight and calorie intake.
    You will lose more weight if you weigh 500 lbs than if you weigh 110.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Unless you are obese, you are likely to lose between 6-12 pounds.
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    "Eating well" means diddly squat.

You can eat only salad, or you can eat pizza and cookies and chocolate. Or anything in between. You just need to stick to your calorie allotment diligently.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Well, depends on a lot of things. How much do you have to lose total? Not just in these 6 weeks, but overall? If it's less than 20lbs, I don't recommend losing at a rate faster than .5lbs a week, so that would be 3lbs. Even doing this REALLY agressive (which I don't recommend) 2lbs/week is the FASTEST that is healthy (but that's usually when you have 100+ lbs to lose). So minimum, 3lbs, max 12lbs.

It's all about Calories in, Calories out. Eating "Really well" is very arbitrary. And working out 5-6 days week is arbitrary too. Don't NET less than 1200 calories (your body needs them to survive and thrive).

My recommendation? You get in a time machine and go back 6 months. Healthy weight loss takes Time, Patience, and Percerviance. And I'll never, ever recommend anyone doing anything that isn't heathy.

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    I have 6 weeks until my birthday how much weight ideally is possible to loose if I eat very well and workout 5-6 times a week?

Somewhere between 0-12 pounds.

Get started now. Read through the stickied post (especially those on the Getting Started and General Diet boards) and see what happens! :flowerforyou:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

and

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads#latest
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Eat in a 500 calorie deficit everyday and lose 1lb a week. No guarantee on the amount you will lose as it is 100% individual
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited June 2016
    6 weeks - I suppose you could lose 6 to 10lbs, but that depends on how much you have to lose.

If its less than 20lbs then you'd be aiming for up to 1lb per week. If its more than 20lbs then you could aim for 2lbs a week but that also means eating at higher deficit which isn't as easy in my opinion.

I have always been of the opinion slow and steady loss is more sustainable and healthier.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    3-10 lbs - you'll need to eat at a deficit, not just "well"