Low carb high fat dieter here

Options

Replies

• lmns1990
    lmns1990 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Howdy! Finished my first month on Keto! 20 carbs or under! Good luck and best wishes!
  • Hermie123451982
    Hermie123451982 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm a fellow keto'er aswell. Love the simplicity of the diet and how much more energy I have. Add me please as always good to get fresh meal ideas and motivation of fellow members going through the same journey.
  • maryohara842
    maryohara842 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Been doing LCHF properly since May 30th lost three lbs so far, loving it and not finding it hard it all, can see myself doing this for life! Really excited and enjoying gaining knowledge on eating like this.My hubby and I are following the 'carb nite' plan, which allows you a high carb treat meal every 5-7 days, however we're giving it 12 days before having our first to get used to this WOL. Anyone else had any success doing this (refeeding/carb nite)? :)
  • EmmieLee1982
    EmmieLee1982 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to go Keto. I'd love to have more low-carb/Keto friends for inspiration and encouragement so please feel free to add me. :)
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Been doing LCHF properly since May 30th lost three lbs so far, loving it and not finding it hard it all, can see myself doing this for life! Really excited and enjoying gaining knowledge on eating like this.My hubby and I are following the 'carb nite' plan, which allows you a high carb treat meal every 5-7 days, however we're giving it 12 days before having our first to get used to this WOL. Anyone else had any success doing this (refeeding/carb nite)? :)

All the LCHF communities I am a part of outside of MFP are against refeeding for weight loss and definitely against it in the beginning (it usually comes up in discussions when someone has lost a significant amount, has "stalled" and thinks refeeding will somehow help). Why do you want to do refeeding that early in the game @maryohara842 ?
  • Myz_Rae
    Myz_Rae Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm interested and motivated to do the keto diet and need lots of help and motivation along the way. Looking for great new friends with experience and support.
  • beautifulloser211
    beautifulloser211 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also doing Keto!
  • k33n420
    k33n420 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm starting a keto diet tomorrow
  • dorothymayevans
    dorothymayevans Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Me too, but I'm confused about how much to eat? I know it 75% fat, 20% protein and 5% carbs. How does that break down as far as grams and net carbs? Still learning :-)
  • AlyssaAnne03
    AlyssaAnne03 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • axisedm
    axisedm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been doing a low carb diet for about a month now. results have been great! feel free to add me!
  • shanhen70
    shanhen70 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am on the lo carb as well. Have been off and on for one year. I have lost 61 lbs so far. I am in a huge plateau. I could use some help. What is every one eating? Like what do you eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and how many carbs are you taking in a day. I have 20-25 pounds left to go. I have lost since 2011 91 lbs.
    Help please.
  • shanhen70
    shanhen70 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Please add me, I could use some friends, motivation and help. I dont know how to add people. I am still learning how to use this site.
  • NYGalHere
    NYGalHere Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just started today using fitness pal (signed up before but never really used it). Also doing low carb to try and get this weight/fat to come off. Its worked in the past, but lately I'm at a stand still. I think too many nuts, hence Fitness pal to put me on track.
  • Comms0p
    Comms0p Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I would like to get back to this, although I enjoy my fruit! I did fairly well when I was on a low carb diet, it was very difficult for me though, being a shift worker, I need to eat to stay up at nights and not rely on coffee! What I believe I have is stress related weight that is very stubborn to work off even with adequate exercise. So I would like to try this again. Help would be appreciated, Thanks
  • Racehorse2009
    Racehorse2009 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all LCHF here too. Been working this for 3 weeks now...the scales are telling me I'm loosening
  • shaunam_32
    shaunam_32 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Low carb dieter / lifestyle change here as well! Been doing the low carb diet for about 4 weeks now. Feeling really good, and I'm down 7 pounds. I've tried many diets before, but never really lost any weight, in that time. Diagnosed with PCOS a few years back, and recently my doctor suggested to try a low carb diet to help with the issue of losing weight.
  • Cryren8972
    Cryren8972 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've just started low carb myself. I'm doing LCHF, and have been on it 5 days, and have already lost 6 lbs! I've lost more in one week on this diet than I could in a month before. I've been logging on a carb app, but would rather use MFP...is there a way to customize the settings?
    Anyway, feel free to add me!
  • walker1world
    walker1world Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    valer79 wrote: »
    I'm on my third day of induction! :smiley: Hi!

Keep going. Just remember life after induction is tricky because most people try to eat low fat low carb, keep the fat up.
  • walker1world
    walker1world Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Jenn_N_SC wrote: »
    Hello. I'm also doing LCHF/KETO. Nice to see that I'm not alone. Down from 243 to 156, from a size 24 to a size 6. I've done it for 2 1/2 years, though I've fallen off a time or two. I've tried higher protein. It doesn't work for me. My macros are <20g net carbs (usually a lot less), 60-70g of protein, and fat until I'm satisfied.

I love your approach to low carb keto.