I need help with Zumba!

lilmary663
lilmary663 Posts: 2
edited 5:37AM in Fitness and Exercise
I have seen the commercials, and heard my friends talk about it but I don't really know much besides the fact that it sounds really fun and interesting. I want to buy either the DVDs or the game for the Wii but I can't really decide, and I can't find the price of a class for the life of me. Please help!

<3 Thank you ahead of time <3

Replies

• eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Class prices vary a lot depending on where they're held and the instructor. Around here they're somewhere between $1.50 and $6 per class. A friend of mine in CA spends $12 a class. You can check Zumba.com and they have some (but not all) instructors listed that you can search by zip code.
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    If you go to Zumba.com, you can look up your city and find a class by you. I have Kinect and the DVD's and take the class. I'm a total Zumbie!!!
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    I heard the dvds are not that great and no where near the intensity of the actual classes.

i have been going to classes at the y for about a month and I love it.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    I have Wii Zumba and love it!
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    I go to a class and it's $5, but like everyone said, I'm sure it varies. I love the classes! I am not coordinated and can't dance at all but have so much fun I don't care! I tried the 1st set of Zumba DVD's but didn't like them at all. I'm sure the new ones are much better though. I would love to try Zumba for the Wii.
  • Jenalyn
    Jenalyn Posts: 17
    My gym has Zumba classes and we can take them for free as a member. I also have the DVD's and have found that the 45 minute Sculpt & Tone (with the zumba sticks) really gets me sweating because every time I do it, I get better at doing the moves so can pump them out harder - then sometimes follow up with the 20 minute ab workout! The classes are okay but it really depends on the instructor - sometimes I feel like it was a good workout, sometime I feel like it was a waste of time. I haven't done Wii yet but I would definitey give it a go if I get a chance. Zumba is great, so if you can - give it all a go and see what suits you best, it's a lot of fun!
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    My gym has Zumba classes and we can take them for free as a member. I also have the DVD's and have found that the 45 minute Sculpt & Tone (with the zumba sticks) really gets me sweating because every time I do it, I get better at doing the moves so can pump them out harder - then sometimes follow up with the 20 minute ab workout! The classes are okay but it really depends on the instructor - sometimes I feel like it was a good workout, sometime I feel like it was a waste of time. I haven't done Wii yet but I would definitey give it a go if I get a chance. Zumba is great, so if you can - give it all a go and see what suits you best, it's a lot of fun!

Totally agree that it depends on the instructor - my first zumba class i tried i took at a gym and the instructor did hip hop music and hip hop moves and called it zumba? i don't think so. I have Zumba for Kinect which is great - and i love the toning DVD.
  • jlgraff
    jlgraff Posts: 1
    my gym offers classes for non members as well. i would advise you to look into gyms in your area and see if they offer the class. it is such a great workout! and it is SOO much fun. my only advice during the workout would be to hold your body tight the entire time. after 2 months of attending classes regularly i have seen great results. at first i wasn't seeing the results i wanted but then by keeping my body tight (especially abs) throughout the entire workout it really transformed the workout and took it to the next level. good luck with your zumba search!
  • LBR86
    LBR86 Posts: 3
    As a Zumba Diva, I love Zumba!!!!! I go to classes in my area for $5 a class but they sell punch passes that make the class cheaper. You can buy a 5 class punch for $15, a 10 class punch for $35, and an unlimited monthly pass for $45. I've done Zumba and Zumba tone, we also have zumbatomics for the kids. I would love to try Zumba for Wii, but i think i would miss all my class mates. Zumba has helped me loose 37lbs and my friend that introduced me to zumba has lost 84lbs. We love ZUMBA!!!!!
  • i paid 94 dollars for 16 sessions...i love it! (the fitness center also threw in free membership for the 2 months i'm doing the classes)...I LOVE the live classes and my instructor is over 40 and teaches 11 classes a week!!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    if you want to see what it's all about youtube it, it's really cool. agreed, classes depend on location. At my gym you have to buy a day pass to attend a class.
This discussion has been closed.