Do you have a favorite quote?

Options
Jenny56dreams
Jenny56dreams Posts: 147 Member
It can be funny or philosophical....... I'll start:

"I don't trust Camels or anyone who can go more than a week without a drink!" :happy:

Replies

• Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    This is a quote from "The Office" haha I love it.

Michael: Would I rather be feared or loved? Um, easy. Both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    Excuses are only good for those that make them!!!!!
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    The Winner says "Let me do it for you"
    The Loser says "That's not my job"
  • bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have a TON of quotes that i just love. But I'll stick to one.

"Every man dies, but not every man lives."

It reminds me to live life to the fullest. I don't always do it, but sometimes you've got to remember you've only got 1 life to live and might as well live it up!
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    a woman needs a man, like a fish need a wagon
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Mae West - When I am good, I am very, very good, but when I am bad I'm better!!!!
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    Mae West - When I am good, I am very, very good, but when I am bad I'm better!!!!

Love!!
  • aharmeson
    aharmeson Posts: 55
    Options
    Favorite QOUTE ever is:

"Pain is weakness leaving the body"

Not sure the author but i heard it from a friend who is a Navy Seal instructor. HA!

Favorite funny one is:

"You cant fix Stupid"

-Bill Engvall
  • cathyAprice
    Options
    The person that says that it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
  • aly1221
    aly1221 Posts: 55
    Options
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain
    I've always loved that one :)
  • McKnightAM
    McKnightAM Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Well it seems all mine are quotes from the Bible :smile:

(I have TONS of favorites, but this is one)

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
    Philippians 4:13

It reminds me that no matter what excuse I come up with, that ALL things are possible through Him, not just the things I feel like are achievable, but the things like *weight loss* as well. So when I feel like I can't do it, and I should just give up, I rely on the strength that He gives me, and not my own.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Fave philosophical: "Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics. You are all stardust. You couldn’t be here if stars hadn’t exploded. Because the elements, the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution weren’t created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars. And the only way they could get into your body is if the stars were kind enough to explode. So forget Jesus. The stars died so you could be here today." ~ Carl Sagan

Fave weight-loss: "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."

Fave other: "I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." ~ Marilyn Monroe
  • MB1967
    MB1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    philosophical: I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do - Helen Keller.

other: I believe that sex is a beautiful thing between two people. Between five, it's fantastic." - Woody Allen.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    My quote in my signature thing is one of my favorites.

Also, I had a gay friend who said he could, 'never date anyone who bled for a week straight and didn't die' and that always gave me a little, 'heck yes, ladies are tough!' kick.

Pain is weakness leaving the body - was a favorite of my Fhockey coach.
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    a woman needs a man, like a fish need a wagon

I love it!
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other"

And pretty much anything else said by Reagan.

Also: “What is best in life, Conan?”

“To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.”
  • alliebe
    alliebe Posts: 21
    Options
    "I am the master of my fate and the captain of my soul."
    William Ernest Henley. 1849–1903
    (From: Invictus)
  • beautybrainsbooty
    beautybrainsbooty Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    FAVE of ALL TIME: It always seems impossible...until its done. (Nelson Mandela)

FAVE FUNNY: Im going to.show you a little maneuver my mother taught me when I was in junior high. In my experience, it has a 98% success rate in getting a man's attention and when used appropriately--an 83% rate of return on a dinner invitation. It's called the "Bend & Snap". (Legally Blonde)
  • bmxpop
    bmxpop Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You don't stop playing when you get old....you get old when you stop playing!!!

I intend to live forever...or die trying!!!