whats you 4th of july meal plan?

Options
2»

Replies

• donsoccermom
    Options
    Michelob Ultra, more Michelob Utra, some veggies from a veggie tray, more Michelob Utra, maybe some Coconut Jack Rum with Diet V* Splash in Tropical flavor. Its a Holiday!! Peace Out...:drinker:
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    We are planning to grill a lot of veggies & fruit - plums, pineapple, asparagus, zucchini and pears. I found these great turkey/cheddar brats that are made by Johnsonville that are 120 calories a piece, pair that with a grilled veggie salad and a lo-cal bun and I'm set! :) Yummy! Plus I want to make sure i have enough grilled fruits/veggies to make a grilled veggie salad for the next day. Super Yum!!

I was thinking about chopping up a brat and make a huge brat/grilled veggie salad!

I just heard about the turkey brats gonna try them !!! Do you like them?

They are very Yummy! My hubby and kids even lke them.
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    im grilling this weekend. cant make up my mind betweein chicken or steak (top round). But im having grilled vegetables with that and fresh fruit.
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I only have 8 hours off of work that day so I'm not too worried about over eating. lol Solution to all weight problems... be a poor workaholic with no access to a fridge.
  • littleleisha
    littleleisha Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Well on Sunday we are going to a huge 4th of July Festival at the Navy Base...so I'll have a good breakfast & we might have lunch at my parents house, so dinner will be the only thing to worry about...and it will probably be a CORN DOG! because I love those! and haven't had one since last 4th of july! No drinking for me :) But there might be some ice cream or funnel cake....However, I'm going to try and squeeze in a little workout on Sunday morning!
  • goldsboc
    goldsboc Posts: 2
    Options
    skipping the food and just drinking beer. i dont recommend this tho

If you drink Liquor instead you can save calories and you might pass out quicker!! :--)
  • goldsboc
    goldsboc Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm terrified! We're going to a BBQ at a friends. It's really going to test my will power!

If something is ther you REALLY want - HAve some! Just eat a smaller portion! If you don't it'll just make you crazy. You can make up for it the next day if you need to :--)..

Being BAD sometimes won't derail you - just make sure you get back on the "correct" train as soon as possible..

Good luck!

PS - I lost about 40 lbs and maintained for several years by being "Good" during the week & "bad" on the weekends (with moderation!). I am currently about 15 over my goal weight - but I got off the train! Just rejoined a gym and getting back on the train! :--)
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    We are planning to grill a lot of veggies & fruit - plums, pineapple, asparagus, zucchini and pears. I found these great turkey/cheddar brats that are made by Johnsonville that are 120 calories a piece, pair that with a grilled veggie salad and a lo-cal bun and I'm set! :) Yummy! Plus I want to make sure i have enough grilled fruits/veggies to make a grilled veggie salad for the next day. Super Yum!!

I was thinking about chopping up a brat and make a huge brat/grilled veggie salad!

I just heard about the turkey brats gonna try them !!! Do you like them?

The ones made by Johnsonville are GREAT! I've tried a few turkey dogs/brats and these are by far the best! They have a great flavor and do awesome on the grill.