Does anyone else feel really irritable after a work out?

Options
I went on quite an intensive bike ride after work (3 hours ago) and now everything (and everyone) is getting on my nerves. This happen to anyone else?

Replies

• wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Not to me but you might have a nutrient, electrolyte or hormonal imbalance brought on by exercise if this isn't normal for you, or it could just be that you're having a bad day. Everybody has them every now and then.
  • jakefitzgerald93
    jakefitzgerald93 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yep I get it sometimes. You need sugar, your body needs to repair too and it needs water :)
  • kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    No...I feel pumped! Seriously puts me in a good mood...partly because I got it out of the way and don't have to worry about it anymore that day!!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I usually feel the opposite after a work out.

But maybe it's the adrenaline from an intensive bike ride that is making you feel on high alert?

Sorry I don't have a scientific explanation lol
  • squatsanddeadlift
    squatsanddeadlift Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    Not to me but you might have a nutrient, electrolyte or hormonal imbalance brought on by exercise if this isn't normal for you, or it could just be that you're having a bad day. Everybody has them every now and then.

Potentially. Hadn't thought of that. Might be worth looking into. Thanks!

• squatsanddeadlift
    Options
    Yep I get it sometimes. You need sugar, your body needs to repair too and it needs water :)

Yes two bowls of pasta later... :smile:
  • squatsanddeadlift
    Options
    kendahlj wrote: »
    No...I feel pumped! Seriously puts me in a good mood...partly because I got it out of the way and don't have to worry about it anymore that day!!

Straight after I feel great but over the space of an hour or two I just feel my mood decline. It only seems to happen on days I work out
  • codename_steve
    codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    This happens if I don't refuel/rehydrate promptly. Once I've eaten it usually goes away. I believe the term is "Rungry"