What do you do when you plateau?

Options
2»

Replies

• Adrienneburrows1
    Adrienneburrows1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    So weight all of my food and put the weight amounts in my diary?
  • ScaleIsLying
    ScaleIsLying Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Have some control with this, but... If you are stuck where you have been for a while, eat different foods like crazy for about a week, and start the process again. Don't log a flipping thing. Just eat. Your body has gotten used to what you are doing. Trick your metabolism into not knowing what to expect. (Ok, I am now hiding behind a trashcan to avoid the bottles and paper balls being thrown at me.)
  • ElJefePerron
    ElJefePerron Posts: 88 Member
    Options

Yup. Diannethegeek post nails it. Print that and post on fridge.

Exercise is less important in weight loss, but very important for general health and happiness. HIIT and resistance strength training will boost your metabolism and speed up your loss.

• STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options

Yep. It's that simple.

To lose weight you don't have to exercise. It's just a matter of eating less calories than your body Burns daily. The exercise has additional benefits which a lot of people on this post and other post have gone into so I'm not going to repeat them.
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    What's the point of logging if it's not accurate? Logging that you ate 1200 calories doesn't mean you actually ate 1200 calories. You don't really know how much you are eating until you accurately weigh it.

As you get closer to a normal/healthy body weight those extra unmeasured calories will make the difference. Your body is telling you that the number of calories you are eating now is what it takes to maintain your present weight.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    emmylootwo wrote: »
    Do another cleanse.

I hope you were being sarcastic...
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Mavrick_RN wrote: »
    What's the point of logging if it's not accurate? Logging that you ate 1200 calories doesn't mean you actually ate 1200 calories. You don't really know how much you are eating until you accurately weigh it.

As you get closer to a normal/healthy body weight those extra unmeasured calories will make the difference. Your body is telling you that the number of calories you are eating now is what it takes to maintain your present weight.

I ballpark log. I overestimate my CI and underestimate my CO. According to my weight loss so far it's been pretty accurate. Just because you need to weigh doesn't mean everybody does or should. If I had to weigh every morsel I put on my lips I would quit pdq.

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

check my diary if you wish to see the use of a scale.

95% of my items are weighed...
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options

I ballpark log. I overestimate my CI and underestimate my CO. According to my weight loss so far it's been pretty accurate. Just because you need to weigh doesn't mean everybody does or should. If I had to weigh every morsel I put on my lips I would quit pdq.

When you stop losing weight you will change that behavior pdq.

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

That's great if it works for you. But since OP has stopped losing weight, I guess it doesn't work for her.

I used to estimate too, until I found myself stuck at the same weight for months. Then I got a food scale, used it to discover where my estimating was going wrong, and started losing weight again. I've been weighing/logging for almost two years now and it's second nature. Takes me literally seconds and ensures my tiny little deficit is on point.
  • rangasvaram
    rangasvaram Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    whenever I plateau, I drink a lot of water to get things moving
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Create a calorie deficit.

Don't eat at maintainance.

Simple.
  • Adrienneburrows1
    Adrienneburrows1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I will have to get a scale.