My fasting sucess

Options
Hi i just thought id share my story of what i have been doing recently to lose weight. I have dont it before for 3 days where i lost 5 pounds and started again now on my 4th day i have lost 8 pounds all just in 4 days. Alls you have do too is water fast i have eaten no food whatso ever and its been easy i havent even been hungry and ive lost all this weight quickly my goal is too achieve 7 days and hopefully 10 as im going on holiday soon. However only doing it for 1 day could lose anything between 1-3 pounds so i would deffo recommend this too anyone trying to lose weight as long as they dont push themselves to extremes by doing it longer than nessesary

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    No!

Terrible and dangerous advice.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    No. Just no.
  • xxchloe99
    xxchloe99 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @elphie754 how is it when its easy and you lose weight fast and it cleanses the body and the mind spiritually. If you read online it is recommended by doctors and lots of people to give the body a break
  • xxchloe99
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @randomtai Why no tho I've done it and had no bad effects alls I've had is weight loss and i feel happy and awake and it is recommended and its quick so don't say no when you haven't even tried it
  • elphie754
    Options
    Your body doesn't need "a break".

That is like saying you should go on life support every so often to give your body a break from breathing. Absolutely ricidulous.
  • xxchloe99
    Options
    I meant ur digestive system needs a break ive read it all off the internet from people who has tried it doctors and personal trainers and they all say its the best thing anyone can do for there body so
  • elphie754
    Options
    Nope. Digestive system does not need a break from what it is designed to do.

Just because it is posted on the internet, does not make it true.
  • xxchloe99
    Options
    @elphie754 ur only saying that because u've never tried it
  • elphie754
    Options
    I'm also pretty sure recommending multiple day water fasts are against the TOS.

I don't need to try something to know how ridiculous it is.
  • xxchloe99
    Options
    @elphie754 and i posted my personal experience to let people know what happened to me im not forcing them to take on fasting im saying my experience therefore leaving them a choice if they want to do it or not its their decision stop trying to put people down
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    It's a troll.
  • elphie754
    Options
    Telling someone that something is dangerous is not putting them down.
  • tonielcock1983
    tonielcock1983 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Fasts are recommended by some, although usually by methods of 5:2 or intermittent fasting. Both which have been proven to not only help lose weight but good for your body too. Not sure on completely cutting out foods but surely it's only a short term fix before starting on a healthy diet and exercise programme?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Be careful. I fell into that same trap (not for weight loss, but that was a plus) and ended up in the hospital with a bowel obstruction. I would not recommend this to anyone.
  • xxchloe99
    Options
    @elphie754 u dont have any facts its dangerous ive done four days and im fine and what about religious people who do it all the time then?? Its not dangerous as long as they don't overwork them self
  • asjt678
    asjt678 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    No. Just no.

Ditto.
    And nooooooooooooooooooooo
  • elphie754
    Options
    I really have to provide facts that not eating for 4 days is dangerous? Seriously? That fall under common sense.

Here's one: When you don't eat, your blood glucose level drops. If your level drops too low, you can die.
  • xxchloe99
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @elphie754 what about cave men then who lived for weeks without food there are so many pros to this and ur just trying to put people down for doing something ur not willing too. Its peoples own choice and experiences and if u don't like it stop commenting because some awful advice from you isn't going to make me change my mind about it when i know it works so
  • asjt678
    asjt678 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    xxchloe99 wrote: »
    @elphie754 what about cave men then who lived for weeks without food there are so many cons to this and ur just trying to put people down for doing something ur not willing too. Its peoples own choice and experiences and if u don't like it stop commenting because some awful advice from you isn't going to make me change my mind about it when i know it works so

A) Cave men were lucky to live to be in their 30s as well. Most people live past that today because of proper nutrition. Modern medicine as plays a role but most 30 year olds aren't on daily meds.
    B) Its people's choices. But your "choice" was to put this on a public discussion forum. the site is called MY FITNESS PAL. People who don't eat for days wouldn't be considered fit.
    C) if you want to do this, rock on!!! But we don't want you encouraging others to.