Using a cleanse to get started

Options
13»

Replies

• Adrienneburrows1
    Adrienneburrows1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I used a 2 day cleanse it did help me feel better and lose a few lbs but that's just a start, afterwards you must keep eating healthy and exercising.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I used a 2 day cleanse it did help me feel better and lose a few lbs but that's just a start, afterwards you must keep eating healthy and exercising.
    all it cleaned out was poop and water,it didnt clean anything else out. you could have done the same thing with fiber supplements
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »
    I ate to much sugar free candy on Saturday. Tremendous cleansing occurred.

It did not help with my weight loss; I've had better luck with logging accurately and sticking with my calorie goal to achieve my loss.

Sugar free gummy bears perhaps??

They were life savers actually.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    all it cleaned out was poop and water,it didnt clean anything else out. you could have done the same thing with fiber supplements

Or a couple of cups of Joe.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Or a couple of cups of Joe.

that doesnt work for me lol and I drink coffee now where I didnt before. eh hubby says Im full of it. if it gets too bad Ill get some of the sugar free gummy bears for those not so fresh tough moments LMAO
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I just detox cleansed with Dawn dish soap. It tasted awful, now my stomach feels yucky. And I haven't lost a pound. :/

Ah yes, the 'I Didn't Rinse Out My Go-Cup Well Enough' cleanse. I do it at least once a month! :poop emoji:
  • Zella_11
    Zella_11 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You don't need a "cleanse." You need to plug all of your info into the "goals" section of MFP, figure out a reasonable daily calorie limit that will put you in a calorie deficit, eat a variety of foods that fit within your daily limit, and start to exercise--even walking can improve your health. By burning more calories than you consume, you will lose weight. Good for you for wanting to get started--wishing you success and good health!
  • hollen_carol
    hollen_carol Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Well, I say whatever gets you in the right mindset for your lifestyle change is a great way to start. I started that way in January 2015, just had fruits and vegies and the slightest amount of low GI protein for a week. No sugar, No caffeine. It did help me kickstart my changes. Then I added in meats and other things back in but stayed at a deficit. It worked. Best of luck to you in your journey! I wish you a ton of success :)
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Not advocating the cleanse, but Elvis had about 30 pounds of feces in his impacted colon when he died. Perhaps the OP too, suffers from chronic constipation. :)

now that's just mean. :/

No, no, not trying to be mean. Elvis did have a severely impacted colon; I was pointing out that people can have medical conditions that can, ere, back them up (in response to a post that the body can't do that). Criminy, I never want to be mean. Mean people suck.