do you get mad when

Options
2»

Replies

• wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I live in an apartment, so I don't have a lawn to worry about. But it is hella annoying to go for a run on the bike/walk path and have to dodge "land mines" because people are too freakin' lazy to clean up after their dogs. :explode:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    As long as it's picked up, I don't care. Dogs poop, especially while on walks.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Oh that would piss me off, Especially if I had children that liked playing in our front yard. Its not a big deal as long as the owner cleans it up. It is a big deal if they don't.

I am paying my property taxes for MY lawn, if you would like to chip in on those property taxes and pay me some rent, then your dog can crap in my lawn.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I spend a lot of time in my yard and entertain quite a bit. I don't have a dog, just because I don't want dog *kitten* in my yard. If I catch someone's dog sh*tting in my yard and that owner will pick it up or I will rub the owner's nose in it and swat him with a rolled up newspaper.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I spend a lot of time in my yard and entertain quite a bit. I don't have a dog, just because I don't want dog *kitten* in my yard. If I catch someone's dog sh*tting in my yard and that owner will pick it up or I will rub the owner's nose in it and swat him with a rolled up newspaper.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Cherrycandy
    Cherrycandy Posts: 200
    Options
    Yup! I just chased a dude away the other day because he was taking his dog for a walk and tried to let it squat in my yard. I told him to GET THAT DAMN DOG OFF MY GRASS NOWWWW! I said I dont **** in your yard, your dog isnt gona **** in MINE! lol
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I have to say, it is strange that he was still steaming after you picked it up - it's not like you can control where your dog goes!

As far as my own yard, I'm cool with it as long as the owners are picking up after their dogs mess. Thankfully we don't have to worry about it to much in our neighborhood because there are so few dogs. The only dog poo issue I have is the neighbors who don't pick up their own yard and that "lovely" smell comes wafting across the street on a nice hot day. Blech!!
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I don't like it when other people's dogs pinch a loaf in my yard, as long as they clean it up.
    I have never had an issue when walking my dogs because I always take them out before we plan a trek. If it's a non-dog owner's yard, who knows how they would flip out. I always bring baggies just in case... but I think if someone came storming out not giving me a chance to pick it up, I'd launch it into their open front door.
  • saldridge
    saldridge Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    First of all, I didn't see where he/she said they picked it up.
    Secondly, I think you can control where your dog $hits! You should have them on a leash when walking them through a neighborhood. If he just roams the neighborhood, how do you know where he took a dump to pick it up?

I think it is definitely a dog owner's responsibility to train a dog where to go, just like they have to train them not to bark and not to bite.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options

:laugh:
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    it's not like you can control where your dog goes!
    Really?:huh:
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I think it is definitely a dog owner's responsibility to train a dog where to go, just like they have to train them not to bark and not to bite.

Bingo!
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I am glad you cleaned up the gift your precious left on your neighbors lawn. :happy:

I actually would rather see them do their busienss and have it cleaned up rather than to the poor dog getting choked as it is drug down the road as it trys to poo. I witnessed that yesterday. :noway:
  • AMHA32
    AMHA32 Posts: 23
    Options
    I would definitely be upset! We spend time and money to keep our lawn looking nice. Our own dogs aren't even allowed to pee/poop on our lawn...we have two acres of woods for them to do that and they know it!

Also, I don't agree that the neighbor should have to fence their lawn to keep dogs off! That's not their responsibility.
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    yes. yes I do. I keep my dogs off their yard so I fully expect them to keep their dogs off of my yard. and IF it were to happen then I would expect the owner of the dog to clean it up immediately.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,712 Member
    Options
    I have two dogs, and they don't ever step foot in other people's yards, let alone poop in them. Yes, I get mad when a neighbor's dog poops in my yard. I don't want them in my yard in the first place. We have leash laws, which we obey, and it annoys the crud out of me when people let their dogs run loose.
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Yes, that pisses me off. BUT not as bad a a neighbors male cat spraying all over my yard! I'm gonna shoot that *kitten* in the butt with my pellet gun! And I love cats!!!!

:laugh: AGREED! :laugh:
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Couldnt care less, honestly i have bigger things in life to worry about.
  • lejess
    lejess Posts: 63
    Options
    Secondly, I think you can control where your dog $hits! You should have them on a leash when walking them through a neighborhood.
    I take it you arent a dog owner then....
    Yes, dogs should be on leashes (unless in designated off leash areas). Yes, dog owners should try to keep them off people's lawns when they need to go, but keep in mind, they are animals and sometimes *kitten* happens (pun intended).
    Its NEVER ok to leave the dog poo on someone's lawn (or anywhere really), but getting wildly upset over an accident benefits no one. You get upset, you likely upset the owner, as well as the dog and who wins in that situation?
    I have 2 dogs, and I can say they have never pooped on someone else's lawn. But I certainly hope that if it were to happen, I would at least have the opportunity to pick it up before someone goes crazy on me for it.
    Maybe its just me but there are a lot more important things to worry about in life. If an owner cleans up the poop, why bother getting upset?

Now of course, if the owner does leave the poop, by all means chase them down with your pruning sheers, newspaper, or various other threats that were thrown out on here. :laugh: