Curbing evening cravings

Options
Any tips on this?
I've tried more water, more eating through the day... many tricks. But night time salty crunchy snacks are still my undoing.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Save some calories for the evening.
  • MzKrystle
    MzKrystle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I agree with saving your calories. I've started planning what I'm going to eat each day and have it all entered the day before. For me it's wine. :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,140 Member
    Options
    I have a couple decent-sized snacks in the evening ... they fit within my calorie limit. :)
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    So crunch away at night, just save some calories for it.
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I have always been an evening snacker. The only way I can get through it is to save calories during the day. But I never count vegetable calories that I have for evening snacks and I still lose weight.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    If you've already eaten all your allowed calories, maybe you've eaten an evening snack but are still tempted to snack later on you could try brushing your teeth. I find after I've brushed my teeth I don't want to eat anything as everything will just taste of mint (which I hate)
    Or maybe try keeping all your snacks together in a draw or box and leave a note on it saying something to stop you or at least make you think about it before snacking.
  • jakefitzgerald93
    jakefitzgerald93 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Protein shake!

I have 5-6 meals a day

Meal 1
    30g protein 15g fat

Meal 2
    30g protein 15g fat

Meal 3
    30g protein 50g carbs

Meal 4
    30g protein 30g carbs

Meal 5
    30g protein 20g fat

And repeat!

Try eggs or nuts or even peanut butter with your shake!
  • kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Sonic ice works wonders. And staying busy. Play games instead of watching tv. And go to bed early. Evenings are the hardest for sure. When I finally get the kids to bed, I just want to eat.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Check out the calories on your favorite hard candies. Werthers Origional and Jolly Ranchers are both only 23 calories each, and you can suck on them for a long time. I find that when I'm slightly starving in the evening, I can sick on one of those for 5-10 minutes and drink a bunch of water, and then I'm usually good. I not, I'll have another one (if my calories allow). Then brush my teeth and go to bed.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I have been planning for an evening snack in my calories. If it looks like dinner is going to be late and I might not need them than its extra calories at dinner ( for a nice glass of wine etc).
  • awholenewworld
    awholenewworld Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I try to leave some calories for late night snacking but if I don't have many, I just eat dill pickles. Very low calorie and satisfies the craving for salty crunchy food.