Approve this diet plan?

Options
I'm a 6'1" guy currently at 185 pounds.I'm planning to lose extra flab,pack some muscle and get lean.I'm starting LEE LABRADA 12 week body plan,which looks good.
Morning Oats (1 cup) / Bread with 2 eggs
Afternoon Bread with 2 eggs
Evening Soybean (1 cup)
Night 1 chicken Breast +2 slices of bread
Veggies whenever hungry.
I'm not interested in using any extra shakes or powders.
What do you guys think? Moroever does anyone know about lee labrada's program?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Well, this looks pretty dull and monotonous to me. Is there a reason why this appeals to you?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it, but based on what you've presented here, it seems very restrictive.

If you want to eat healthy, do that. No reason for any crazy diets. Just eat some food from each food group every day, food you like and can afford, within an appropriate calorie range for your weight, height, age, sex and activity level. Space meals to fit your schedule.
  • justincooper405
    justincooper405 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I used the work outs in his plan, - they were very effective. I chose my own diet to make sure I was hitting my macros. The diet he recommends looks pretty good, I just like choosing my own.

I gained 4 pounds of lean muscle in the 12 weeks and dropped 1.5 inches in my waist. The work out are a good general beginner start and I learned a lot of of good form from the videos.

Did you find it on bodybuilding.com? That site and MFP has changed my life!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You're not a fan of fruit or veg?
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    You're not a fan of fruit or veg?

I see veggies whenever, and I see not interested in shakes and powders... what makes you think OP isn't a fan of fruits and veggies?
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Where's the pizza? :o

Where's the food.....
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I'm a grown up and prefer to chose my own food rather than let someone else do it for me.
    I also like variety and that looks deadly dull and boring.
    Is there enough fat in there? Why no fruit?

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it, but based on what you've presented here, it seems very restrictive.

If you want to eat healthy, do that. No reason for any crazy diets. Just eat some food from each food group every day, food you like and can afford, within an appropriate calorie range for your weight, height, age, sex and activity level. Space meals to fit your schedule.

This^

The problem with restrictive is you learn the portion sizes and calories values for "food that I am allowed to while on diet x." You don't learn portion sizes and calories values for food that you are going to be eating for the rest of your life.

Maintenance is forever. For me I want to learn about ALL the foods I eat, not just a small select subset.
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Soybeans? Ew. Have some proestrogen why dont ya...

Do you know your bodyfat %?

If you do not how do you know how much it will take to get "ripped"? How much fat you truly need to lose?

yho4fxku96w4.jpeg
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

If you do not how do you know how much it will take to get "ripped"? How much fat you truly need to lose?

yho4fxku96w4.jpeg

I think you mean phytoestrogen and they're fine for people to consume.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    OP, I would say go for it. It is a good plan if you are feeling good about it and getting the result you want. Perhaps this will get you start right and you'll refine for something better soon.

We are all at different stage in our "journey". Lots of people have to rely on a food scale, logging, moderation, some type of avoidance, x number of meals, and what not...to get their results, a lot of which are right down rudimentary and unnecessary to me. I find it's a bit strange to pick apart someone's particular strategy.

Good luck.
  • Zella_11
    Zella_11 Posts: 161 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The food list is super limited--why do that to yourself? If you are trying to lose weight--plug all of your stats in to MFP and eat up to the daily calorie limit. If your goal is body recomposition, figure out your daily caloric limit for maintenance, calculate your body fat %, set an achievable goal to lower that percentage, and figure out a lifting program. Eat a variety of foods--just stay within the calorie perimeters. Best of luck and health to you!

ETA: follow the fitness part of the plan you have chosen, but reconsider the limited food options. :)
  • justincooper405
    Options
    If I am correct OP is talking about http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lee-labrada-12-week-lean-body-trainer.html (here is the link if your interested in seeing the program)

The program gives you meal plans daily so I believe the example OP has provided is for a single day (as in not eating that same list every day for 12 weeks)

I found the program very informative and helped me to begin my recomp. I took the tools I learned here and various other places to learn how to produce results safely and effectively.

OP I recommend it, if you are newish to resistance training. I enjoyed it :)
  • justincooper405
    Options
    OP, I would say go for it. It is a good plan if you are feeling good about it and getting the result you want. Perhaps this will get you start right and you'll refine for something better soon.

We are all at different stage in our "journey". Lots of people have to rely on a food scale, logging, moderation, some type of avoidance, x number of meals, and what not...to get their results, a lot of which are right down rudimentary and unnecessary to me. I find it's a bit strange to pick apart someone's particular strategy.

Good luck.

Well said ;)
  • aaromalloyola666
    aaromalloyola666 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well this is like a basic food menu.I'm in medical school so these are the basic stuff I can afford! I'll be changing up the food anyways. Do these 12 week programs actually work??
  • aaromalloyola666
    Options
    If I am correct OP is talking about http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lee-labrada-12-week-lean-body-trainer.html (here is the link if your interested in seeing the program)

The program gives you meal plans daily so I believe the example OP has provided is for a single day (as in not eating that same list every day for 12 weeks)

I found the program very informative and helped me to begin my recomp. I took the tools I learned here and various other places to learn how to produce results safely and effectively.

OP I recommend it, if you are newish to resistance training. I enjoyed it :)
    Yeah I'm new to lifting.Can I expect a good amount of fat loss or as they say a "body transformation"?
  • aaromalloyola666
    Options

yho4fxku96w4.jpeg

I'm between 20 -25 %,probably 22 or 23.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Where's the beef??
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Where's the pizza? :o

Where's the food.....

This^^^ any idea how many calories that is?