Calorie allowance

Options
Do I have to use all my calories in a day?

Replies

• nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    no, but on average you should try to hit your goal (otherwise why did you have it?). I aim to have my weekly average equal to my goal. So, I'm often under on weekdays and over on the weekend. Sometimes I'm even under one week and over the next.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    cazjubb wrote: »
    Do I have to use all my calories in a day?

One day under - the next day over. This isn't a big deal. It all averages out. BUT, many days of consistently under is a bad idea. Fast weight loss often sacrifices existing lean muscle mass. You won't lower your body fat % by as much as you could have with moderate paced weight loss.

Another big factor is: what is your calorie goal? Some people set an aggressive weekly weight loss goal. So not MEETING calorie goals is worse for some, than for others.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    no, but on average you should try to hit your goal (otherwise why did you have it?). I aim to have my weekly average equal to my goal. So, I'm often under on weekdays and over on the weekend. Sometimes I'm even under one week and over the next.

This is what I do. I'm always checking the nutrition tab in the app that shows your average for the week. If I have a bunch of extra calories "saved up," I know I can go over by eating out or having dessert or something fun. But also, if I have a bad day and eat too much, I don't feel too badly because I know it will probably even out over the week.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    No
  • MeganMcK11
    MeganMcK11 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I don't make it a habit to try to eat them but if I'm still hungry I will use some of them.