Anyone have a fitbit and what you think of it?

Options
natalie667
natalie667 Posts: 3 Member
edited June 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Any1 have a fitbit? And what one and what do you think of it?

Replies

• glitterrainn
    glitterrainn Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yep. I have a blaze and love it. I've become a bit obsessed with steps but I use it daily for running and working out. I had a charge hr and it bit the dust not even a month in and I'm glad I upgraded.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Specific kind of fitbit? My honest opinion on the fitbit charges, they suck. Not the app and not what it does but the hardware (the actual band tears up, just terrible design with many flaws, it does not last very long).

Fitbit Alta, my husband has one now and it does all the things the non HR charge does, and no issues with the hardware.

I had three of them.. I really did like their app, and their customer service is really good.

I moved on to garmin..
  • CouldBeTheLastChance
    CouldBeTheLastChance Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have had three. The first one worked great but it got run over by a lawnmower. The second one ( fitbit one ) did all its tracking fine but stopped syncing with myfitnesspal. The third one ( same kind ) tracks everything fine but has trouble syncing with myfitnesspal and the fitbit app. The first one, you would have to plug into computer to sync ( hardwired ) worked great. Now they use a dongle and it does it wifi. CRAP.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge HR. They had some problems and I couldn't get it to update for a while but updating the app on my phone fixed that. I like it a lot. It does lead to some strange behaviour, like walking around the house aimlessly instead of getting things done, but worth it for me right now. I have a 12k step daily goal and try to make sure I get 1000 steps in every hour or so. Great for days (like today) when I'm under the weather and not up for vigorous exercise.
  • loobe1066
    loobe1066 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Specific kind of fitbit? My honest opinion on the fitbit charges, they suck. Not the app and not what it does but the hardware (the actual band tears up, just terrible design with many flaws, it does not last very long).

I moved on to garmin..

What Garmin did you get? I am thinking about the vivofit, like the long battery
  • TheBlizz35
    TheBlizz35 Posts: 142 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    How do you sync your fitbit with MFP? I'm considering the Alta model. I like the options and the slim style. Just wish they had more colors. I like the hot pink of the Flex, but like the look of the Alta so will probably get the plum.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have the Charge HR:
    Pros:
    *Maintenance is much simpler. I eat a little more or a little less of the calculated burns from my FitBit and can plan as necessary. People complain of inaccuracies, but I think mine is pretty accurate.
    *Sleep data is fun to analyze.
    *I like to move anyways, but when school and work get busy, it's nice to have a reminder in the form of a band to get up every hour or so to stretch and/or take a mini-walk.
    *The challenges are fun.
    *Seeing that indeed, cardio workouts aren't totally necessary for my current cardiovascular goals. Any activity that involves movement is enough to maintain those sedentary calories (1520 for my height, and often times more due to activity), and I can incorporate spurts of cardio throughout the day with brisk walking and climbing up stairs fairly quickly. I never realized just how much walking I do some days.
    Cons:
    *The app works on my phone, but it won't sync because of the model of my phone.
    *The Fitbit Weekly Report is consistently late these days
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have lost 20lbs using my Fitbit. I couldn't imagine not having it.
  • lizzy3mvp
    lizzy3mvp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've had a Fitbit for the last couple years and absolutely love it! I have the HR one now and find the heart rate data particularly interesting due to some previous health issues. The sleep data although not 100% accurate is still quite useful. I know a few people who have had issues with the band or charging but when they reached out to FitBiit, the company took care of the problem immediately and sent them replacements. Mine has had no issue.
  • campbell3913
    campbell3913 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Garmin Vivosmart HR- Love it. Didn't think I would, but it keeps me moving and tracks sleep and heart rate. I only take it off to shower. Don't have to, but its personal preference. For long walks and hikes I turn the activity tracker to run. Does a creditable job of tracking distance even without GPS. My husband got the fancy model with GPS and they're always close distance wise.
  • natalie667
    natalie667 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yep. I have a blaze and love it. I've become a bit obsessed with steps but I use it daily for running and working out. I had a charge hr and it bit the dust not even a month in and I'm glad I upgraded.

Was thinking of the blaze. Didn't want to look like a man's watch but think it seems the best :):)
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One and it does everything I need without having to wear something on my wrist 24/7.

But since I've got back into running after four years off recovering from various non-running related injuries, I'm hankering after a Garmin. I had the old Forerunner 205 which was like wearing a house-brick on my wrist, but I loved seeing my routes and other data on the computer after a run. And the new ones are a heck of a lot sleeker than the old models.