Stretch marks

Options
Has anyone had success with ridding themselves of stretch marks? And if so what worked?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are forever. They will fade naturally over time, but the mark will always be there.
  • mabinethin
    mabinethin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    They are FOREVER!!!... mind did fade over time
  • justincooper405
    justincooper405 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Not the best news lol :#
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've tried a lot of the creams that claim to get rid of or fade stretch marks over the years. None of them made one bit of difference, so don't waste your money on any of those.
    I had my last kid 21 years ago, and my stretch marks still really bother me!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    What do you have stretch marks from? Were you once heavy? Just curious. You look quite fit in your profile pic.

Either way, as the others have said, they DO fade and they are common. I personally don't have them but I have a wide variety of scars in various places and sizes and I never bother to hide them. I'd have the same attitude towards stretch marks, I suppose. Nothing to be embarrassed about!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I'm currently getting fraxle laser resurfacing to mine. There was a small difference after the first session and three doctor said I would probably need 4 sessions.
    The doctor also said she couldn't get rid of them 100% without surgery, but this was the next best thing to surgery.
  • markswife1992
    markswife1992 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    i have horrible HORRIBLE stretch marks and nothing works to get rid of them. i just embrace them, sadly, i have no choice. :/
    i have tried every over-the-counter cream or remedy.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have never seen the problem with stretch marks. My fiance use to be much heavier and has them and I think he is still the cutest thing to walk the face of this earth and wouldn't change a thing about him. I have some from gaining weight but mine aren't super noticeable, even if they were I wouldn't care.

:heart:
  • tiddolski
    tiddolski Posts: 32 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I think my stretch marks have stretch marks. They don't go away m, I've tried creams but they do fade.
  • gbebedoll570
    gbebedoll570 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm currently getting fraxle laser resurfacing to mine. There was a small difference after the first session and three doctor said I would probably need 4 sessions.
    The doctor also said she couldn't get rid of them 100% without surgery, but this was the next best thing to surgery.

How much does this procedure cost?

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Stretch marks are normal. Try not to let them bother you.
  • __leis__
    __leis__ Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    After I had my daughter I had red stretch marks, I used bio oil and they turned white after a few weeks. Idk if the stuff actually worked or if they faded on their own. Bio oil did nothing to help the older stretch marks on my hips that I've had since I was a teenager. You look pretty muscular, my advice would be to keep up with the lifting (if that's what you enjoy ) then everyone will be so distracted by your muscles they don't even notice the stretch marks :D
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I got a lot of stretch marks during my 20s during my pregnancies. But 20 years later they are almost invisible. I've always kept my skin moisturized, but I think it's just more of the process of them fading over time that has helped.
  • ejllewellyn85
    ejllewellyn85 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Dunno if this will help but there's a lyric by Annie Difranco "Yeah I've got spots, mind if I've got stripes too" (or something like that).

Stretch marks don't detract from a person's overall beauty, unless the person observing the subject is a superficial, judgemental *kitten* with unrealistic expectations... In which case you'd be better off without them anyway!

They're like scars, everyone's scars are unique & they all have their own story. It's a physical map of what's happened to your body over your lifetime, & seeing as we're constantly evolving until death there's no point getting stressed about stretchmarks or anything else beyond your control, e.g. wrinkles, grey hair, it's an intrinsic part of life itself.

All the best.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! You must have worked really hard, you look amazing.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    @BZAH10
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    What do you have stretch marks from? Were you once heavy? Just curious. You look quite fit in your profile pic.

Either way, as the others have said, they DO fade and they are common. I personally don't have them but I have a wide variety of scars in various places and sizes and I never bother to hide them. I'd have the same attitude towards stretch marks, I suppose. Nothing to be embarrassed about!

tbd2kari2xeg.jpg

Yes 70 lbs heavier lol

You look awesome and fit. Accept the marks as "battle scars" and be proud of them. You probably notice them more than others do. The red ones eventually do fade into a less noticeable and lighter color over time. Some people put vitamin E oil, coconut oil, retina A, or cocoa butter on fresh ones. I don't know if those really help or not. There is also an expensive cream called Strivecta (spelling?) that supposedly helps diminish scars which is basically what they are.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    leelou84 wrote: »
    After I had my daughter I had red stretch marks, I used bio oil and they turned white after a few weeks. Idk if the stuff actually worked or if they faded on their own. Bio oil did nothing to help the older stretch marks on my hips that I've had since I was a teenager. You look pretty muscular, my advice would be to keep up with the lifting (if that's what you enjoy ) then everyone will be so distracted by your muscles they don't even notice the stretch marks :D

I certainly noticed the muscles. Most people look at the whole package and don't tend to notice every little thing. When I see someone I'm usually impressed when they have a confident attitude and take things in stride.