Best way to lose belly fat?!

Options
Hi!
So I've currently lose over two stone but none of it is coming off my stomach :-( I'm a vegetarian and limit my calories, do lots of walking etc but I'm losing it everywhere else but my tummy! Anyone got any tips who have had the same problem? Abit of motivation would be fantastic! x

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Strength training / compound movements
    fork putdowns
    table pushaways
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce...you just have to keep losing weight. For many, if not most people, the belly is primary fat stores...it was the first on and it will be the last off.
  • flowersofhelady
    flowersofhelady Posts: 35 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I dont know if there is any truth in it but I was told that the body will store and keep fat stored in the belly if your stomach muscles are not very strong so as to compensate for lack of muscle. Anyhooo...I use the fitness 22 sit ups app. It train's you to 200 sit ups. Im. At 170 at the moment. It has really defined my entire waist line as well as my tummy. I'm still chubby and have had 4 kids so if its helped me it might help you. Just take it slow and dont forget rest days or you could hurt yourself which is a real demotivater!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I dont know if there is any truth in it but I was told that the body will store and keep fat stored in the belly if your stomach muscles are not very strong so as to compensate for lack of muscle. Anyhooo...I use the fitness 22 sit ups app. It train's you to 200 sit ups. Im. At 170 at the moment. It has really defined my entire waist line as well as my tummy. I'm still chubby and have had 4 kids so if its helped me it might help you. Just take it slow and dont forget rest days or you could hurt yourself which is a real demotivater!

not this. plus sit ups don't help define your waist. You can't spot reduce and even if you could sit ups are one of the most ineffective exercises around
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    You can't spot reduce...you just have to keep losing weight. For many, if not most people, the belly is primary fat stores...it was the first on and it will be the last off.

This. And by last off, it literally could be the last 5 lbs.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options

There is no truth in it. Planks are vastly better than sit ups and take significantly less effort. But neither burn fat.