Overnight Oats

Options
2»

Replies

• Ohiomom91
    Ohiomom91 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I tried overnight oats this morning. I used cinnamon, vanilla, 1 TBS peanut butter, 1 tsp chia seed/flax blend and 1/2 cup almond cashew milk. It was pretty good but it wasn't sweet enough for me. I'm going to experiment with other ingredients. I appreciate the feedback!
  • Jenpiddles
    Jenpiddles Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love overnight oats. I eat them every morning.

I use 1/4 cup rolled oats, 1/3 cup milk, 1/4 cup greek yogurt, 1 tsp honey, 1 Tbsp cocoa powder, and 1 Tbsp Sunbutter (I have a peanut allergy).

It fills me up until lunch, and it helps with my chocolate cravings.
  • Lisa_Ookoo
    Lisa_Ookoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options

0.5 cup rolled oats
    1 T flax seed
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    0.5 cup frozen mixed berries
    1 cup nonfat milk
    Mix the dry ingredients together first, then add milk and then fruit. Refrigerate overnight. The berries will thaw by morning.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Ohiomom91 wrote: »
    I tried overnight oats this morning. I used cinnamon, vanilla, 1 TBS peanut butter, 1 tsp chia seed/flax blend and 1/2 cup almond cashew milk. It was pretty good but it wasn't sweet enough for me. I'm going to experiment with other ingredients. I appreciate the feedback!

You might want to try cutting up a piece of banana and adding it in the morning. If you leave it overnite, it gets mushy.
  • Ohiomom91
    Ohiomom91 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ohiomom91 wrote: »

You might want to try cutting up a piece of banana and adding it in the morning. If you leave it overnite, it gets mushy.

I just told my son I was going to put banana in them tonight. Stay tuned!
  • paymentm
    paymentm Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've tried two recipes so far:

1/3 cup greek yogurt (honey flavoured), 1/3 cup almond milk, 1/3 cup oats, 1TBS chia seeds, half banana
    -really good and kept me so full I pushed lunch back by two hours

1/3 cup greek yogurt (plain), 1/3 cup almond milk, 1/3 cup oats, 1 TBS chia seeds, 1/2 TBS cocoa (unsweetened) and 1/2 TBS of instant coffee
    -was a tad bitter so I need to look at adding some sort of sweetener but also kept me very full
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I tried making overnight chili in the fridge using raw ingredients. I broke a tooth on a bean. :/

Be more carefull next time.