Waist cincher success for loose belly?

Options
BecomeBetterThanMyYesterMe
BecomeBetterThanMyYesterMe Posts: 114 Member
edited June 2016 in Success Stories
Anyone seen changes in their jiggly belly after using a waist cincher for a long duration? How long did you use it? Do post before & after pictures if possible. Thank you. :)

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    No. Just no.
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    it is not going to help long term. it is good as shapewear
  • suzyjane1972
    Options
    And these things can weaken both core and back muscles causing more problems.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    never bought one. i wouldnt want my undergarments to impact my breathing
    i reckon your belly will be flatter when you wear it, and then not flat when you take it off.
  • fattothinmum
    fattothinmum Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Agree it's great as shapewear. With one on, I have an awesome waist in tight t-shirts. Without it, what's left of my fat, is all in my belly and soft, so I don't like how that looks.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I use one if I have somewhere I want to wear a nice dress and not have my belly stick out. That's about it.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Yup, I agree with all above...great for a nite out with a pretty dress, but don't expect dramatic, lasting weight loss/fat loss results.
  • ChristopherLimoges
    ChristopherLimoges Posts: 298 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Most are a waste of time, some do help blood circulation, contractions, and sweating(mainly liquids burned), but very few actually work. If you want a tighter, firmer core you'll have to work on it; in the case you're concerned about, mainly diet restrictions and transverse abdominous exercises.
  • SuperSaiyanGoddess86
    SuperSaiyanGoddess86 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My sister did with her weight cincher sport vest. She lost 6 inches of her stomach back and love handles are gone all in 3 months. I will have her post her pictures of her before and after and she has kept it off. I think it just varies from person to person and which one you buy as far as quality
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    ladyjaye25 wrote: »
    My sister did with her weight cincher sport vest. She lost 6 inches of her stomach back and love handles are gone all in 3 months. I will have her post her pictures of her before and after and she has kept it off. I think it just varies from person to person and which one you buy as far as quality

The inches were probably from dangerously rearranging her organs. A cincher can't burn fat.
  • suzyjane1972
    edited June 2016
    Options

Erm......nope to a piece of elastic magically melting away fat.
  • nitesky83
    nitesky83 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think they work since youre not able to eat your normal portion (because that thing is so darn tight) and so you lose weight
  • BecomeBetterThanMyYesterMe
    Options
    Ohh.. Thanks a lot for the replies! Dropped the idea! Maybe I'll consider wearing it with dresses. That's about it! :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Yeah... no.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    If portion control is a challenge for you, the waist cincher will help because it limits the amount of space your stomach can expand when you eat. It helps you feel full on less food and makes you extremely uncomfortable if you eat too much.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Could it at least help with skin tightening in that the stomach isn't being pulled down as much by gravity (assuming there is loose skin to tighten). Same way a bra provides support?
  • suzyjane1972
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Could it at least help with skin tightening in that the stomach isn't being pulled down as much by gravity (assuming there is loose skin to tighten). Same way a bra provides support?

No....
    The only thing that determines skin sag is genetics and no bra stops drooping if those puppies are gonna sag they're gonna sag and all a bra does is hold them up
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    If portion control is a challenge for you, the waist cincher will help because it limits the amount of space your stomach can expand when you eat. It helps you feel full on less food and makes you extremely uncomfortable if you eat too much.

That is ridiculous advice to give anyone. Do you know that people have died of asphyxiation wearing these things?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!