Options
2»

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    johnwelk wrote: »
    DeanaErnst wrote: »
    I had a call today from my dr nurse and she told me that my cholesterol was low. my dr wants me to get fish oil gel pills to help me. Kinda new on this fish oil does anyone know what it does?
    According to science, not a whole lot:

http://www.skepticalraptor.com/skepticalraptorblog.php/benefits-of-omega-3-fish-oil-somethings-fishy/

I don't know, the prescription strength (4 g) pills seemed to keep my triglycerides in check lowering the numbers significantly. It does some things for some people.
    What are fish burps? I've been taking fish oil pills for years, both generic and prescription and I've never had them.

Literally burping up fish taste/smell after taking the pills. This is my first experience taking them and there is a pleasant lemony taste/smell if I burp after taking them. They put natural lemon taste in them for that reason.

Thank you! Both my prescription and generic brands must have been "burpless".
  • Sapphirebabe1962
    Sapphirebabe1962 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I been thinking getting a recumbent bike :) something easy to do cause of my injured right knee
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    DeanaErnst wrote: »
    I been thinking getting a recumbent bike :) something easy to do cause of my injured right knee

When I injured my knee I switched running for spin class. It was a nice transition. I think that sounds like a good idea! Just don't up the resistance too high for the knee pain.