Couch to 5K

Options
amy4586
amy4586 Posts: 96 Member
Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone else was out there that is doing the couch to 5K app? Currently I am on week 5 day 3 and I'm looking for some running friends.

I'm a little disappointed since I've been dealing with bronchitis for the last week or so...so now I am a little behind. I'm on meds now so I can hopefully be back at it on the weekend.

I'm looking for some support, motivation and community so please add me if you want.

Replies

• neithomp
    neithomp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I loved C25K! I did it on a treadmill at home, so I don't think I went quite as far on my runs as I would have outside, but I have taken to running on a trail nearby and I can easily run a mile to a mile and a half and feel really awesome! Definitely the best decision I ever made! As far as dealing with bronchitis and feeling down, it's okay. There were some weeks I only ran one day and felt unwell or felt I needed a break the other days. A week of rest will be good for your body, especially fighting bronchitis. Good Luck!
  • cyndeeloumaschingona
    Options
    Im starting out with app I like so far
  • andrewgrainger242
    andrewgrainger242 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Did my first step today!
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I did C25K in 2014 and it worked well for me. If you're struggling with a cold and don't think you're ready to move then just repeat the week. Having said that Week 5 Day 3 is the big one for most people so if you're able to do that you should be able to finish the programme on schedule.
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 5, day 1! I took some time off to have some health concerns addressed but got the ok, and am back at it! I'm taking this as slow as I need to but LOVE jogging. I have a couple of 5K's this summer I'm training for. Feel free to add me!
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    As others have said - don't feel bad to repeat days. I have, and when I took that little break - I restarted at week 4.
  • jmaidan
    jmaidan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    On week 3. Going well so far. Will add ya.
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I messed up my week 5 day 3 run just this morning I have been transfering the c25k plan into runkeeper becauze I'm a numbers nerd and need those data points. I set a distance goal because I thought it would take me longer than 20 minutes to get there. I pushed really hard in the cold rainy weather this morning to get it over with and came in under the 20 minutes but above the skill level I thought I had.

Its fine to take a few days off but it is hard to start back up again. Its fine to back up a few workouts or repeat them until you feel that your ready to move on.
  • caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    LOVED c25k. Just moved on to the 5k to 10k plan, but cannot begin to tell you how proud of myself I was on w9d1. w5d3 was mentally the hardest...just keep going. @lsutton484, great job!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm in week one of C25k...at this point it's hard to visualize jogging for 30 minutes. but I will stick with it! I use the Zenlabs app & sync to MFP.
  • localgrr
    localgrr Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    It's amazing guys, stick with it ! I've just started 5k pacer (to increase speed). My metabolism has increases dramatically.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Hey, we're right at the same spot! Doing W6D2 on Friday. I had an upper respiratory infection for the past two weeks that slowed me down a little, but I got a few runs in there and didn't need to repeat any. I can't believe I ran for 20 minutes straight last week! Add me if you'd like.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    c25k made me a runner. i did it last year and ran my first hm last month
  • sweets1973
    sweets1973 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just done week 5 day 2 this morning hard work but I did lol
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Still on week 1, I am repeating it. But very inspirational to see everyone's results here. Thanks for posting!
    Also, they tell you to run very slowly at first, I am jogging at a 4.2 speed on the treadmill. Is that too slow?
  • caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Mike02209 wrote: »
    Still on week 1, I am repeating it. But very inspirational to see everyone's results here. Thanks for posting!
    Also, they tell you to run very slowly at first, I am jogging at a 4.2 speed on the treadmill. Is that too slow?

If you can run slower and not be walking....you're fine.
  • aidy__b
    aidy__b Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Week 4 run 2 completed this morning - I haven't run for years and am loving it!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I just recently completed C25k. I really enjoyed it, and now I'm running 2.5 - 3 miles at a time and hoping to start the 10k version very soon. I agree with everyone else that going slow is key -- you don't want to burn yourself out, or worse, give yourself an injury. Keep the pace nice and easy, and you'll do great. Best of luck to everyone on the program!
  • crazymama2both
    crazymama2both Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Week 1, Day 3 here. I've done this app before and it was great. I'm mad at myself for having to start all over, but hey, at least I'm trying again!