June 1st challenge

Options

Replies

• lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    lexbubbles wrote: »
    Eh, I weigh every day to track fluctuations. I'll let you know when it drops below the sudden plummet "165.8" recorded last Thurs.

I mean that may have just been a fluke weight... somehow... since I was back up to 168.8 on Mon (weekend away, no weighing, also a random high day since Tues was 167.5) and am now down to 167.

Like... at some point the mythical 165 will return for real.

Finally saw 165 again lads. 165.3 this morning!
  • sc487
    sc487 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    SW: 278.4
    CW: 274.6
    GW: 268.4

3.8 lbs lost for June
  • heatherrosemergy
    heatherrosemergy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me. Started 6/1 at 168# and have gained to 171# :s
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Goal by July 1: 202 or below

5/30/16 - 205.6
    6/6/16 - 203.2 (-2.4 lbs)
  • normalicia11
    normalicia11 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Down 4lbs! Yay!
  • sc487
    Options
    CW: 273.6

4.8 lbs lost for June
  • dmcatlady
    dmcatlady Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    SW: 164
    CW: 160.5
    GW: 154

So down a few this week which is nice. We will see if it continues...especially as we have vacation coming up in just over a week!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    I'm still here, I hope you guys will hang around until July 7th when I get weighed next. I don't get on the scales between doctor visits for right now. But my clothes are looser and I feel better. Exercise tolerance is improved. And people are starting to notice. So I bet I'm losing weight. :)
  • sc487
    Options
    I'm still here, I hope you guys will hang around until July 7th when I get weighed next. I don't get on the scales between doctor visits for right now. But my clothes are looser and I feel better. Exercise tolerance is improved. And people are starting to notice. So I bet I'm losing weight. :)

Just out of curiosity, why don't you get on the scales? And congrats on the weightloss, if people notice, you're losing :)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @sc487 Yes, good question. I am 61 y.o and have lost about 1500lbs in my lifetime :s so I have lots of experience with my own psyche. I started out this time with a bariatric endocrinologist who is a guru, and we made a plan which includes not getting on the scale except at his office for the first 12 weeks. I see him every 6 weeks. July 7th will be my third visit. This was my idea, not his, but he was in full agreement with it after we had our discussion. I started April 14th, and didn't find out what my starting weight was until I went back on May 26th. (226 starting weight, and 13 lbs down to 213 on May 26th.) I am 65" tall.

Because I feel a great deal of shame about my weight and relationship with food, I wanted to try something different this time to break the pattern of obsessing about the scales, self-punishing, ruminating about weight and food, all of which is destructive and not something I want to sustain. I really just want to be free of shame, be healthy, feel comfortable in my own skin, like what I see in the mirror, and build muscle for all of the obvious reasons. None of that has to do with how much I weigh from one day to the next. It is important to be weighed, but for now it is not important for me to know how much I weigh each day.

I feel much happier now than any other time I have tackled my obesity. I am eating reasonably, weighing and logging my food, banking calories for restaurants and special meals, and feeling positive. I am noticing the changes in my body in other ways, as I mentioned in my previous post. It is much more satisfying than a number on a scale for me, and I think my body image is less distorted. I actually see that my stomach is flatter, and notice that I can jump higher in Jazzercise, and that it is easier to tie my shoes. I feel much more patient with the process, in contrast to previous times when I would expect to lose 3 lbs this week if I lost 3 lbs last week, which is utterly illogical, I know.

When I go back July 7th, I plan to discuss weighing myself once a week at home. Eventually I think it will be fine to weigh every morning, but not for now.

I am sure that was way more information than you wanted. :)

Karen in Virginia

• witchyzeeluh
    witchyzeeluh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    A little late but I'd like to join and give it a try. I could use the good motivation. :smile:
  • lexbubbles
    Options
    lexbubbles wrote: »

Finally saw 165 again lads. 165.3 this morning!

Well, I was hovering and bouncing above that for a while, but 164.3 as of this morning. Weird, as I went HARD at the gym yesterday and fully expected to be retaining a ton of water weight and be up a couple lb but *shrug*

That's probably gonna happen tomorrow, now I've said that. I've gone and cursed it now.
  • sc487
    Options
    CW: 273.2

5.2 lbs lost for June. Over half way there.
  • sc487
    Options
    CW: 272.0

6.4 Lbs lost
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Goal by July 1: 202 or below

5/30/16 - 205.6
    6/6/16 - 203.2 (-2.4 lbs)
    6/10/16 - 202

Weighed in early as I won't be able to on Monday. Down another 1.2 for a total of 3.6 and hit my goal early so now to revise it. Let's try for 200 or below by July 1.
  • babyxfangs
    babyxfangs Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    SW: 265 June 1
    CW: 258.3
    GW: 255 on July 1

Lost 4.1lbs this week with a total of 6.7lbs lost so far. So close to my June Challenge goal!
  • lexbubbles
    Options
    163.5 today

SW 01/6: 165.75
    CW 12/6: 163.5 (-2.3lb)
    GW 01/7: 158 (5.5lb to go)
  • crazypeachs
    crazypeachs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    weeeeellllllll..... i knew it was too good to be true. ok, it's my own fault. we ate out a couple times, and apparently i can't keep myself within calories when i do that. good thing the money-budget doesn't allow for it very often, either. :( anyway, point is, i'm up a couple pounds. i don't remember the actual number, and thought i was going to weigh myself again before the weekend was over, so i didn't make note of it when i did weigh myself. :( i know, excuses, excuses.

suffice to say, i'm probably back to 303-ish. i'll do better this week. and i'll spend the next week and a half planning how i'm going to do better next payday (our tradition is to eat lunch together on payday. it's the only chance we get to thruout the week)

in brighter news, i walked 5 times last week, only did strength once tho. i'm working on it.

hope everyone else had a better week. best wishes for this week.
  • normalicia11
    Options
    I'm a little down today
  • normalicia11
    Options
    Work so hard last week, ate healthy and stay below my calorie goal and still no change on the scale