Alcoholic beverages

Options
I'm going to Atlantic City this weekend and plan on working some drinks into my calories; wondering if anyone could suggest some low cal beverages of the alcohol kind? Thank you in advance :)

Replies

• KrystalErin0429
    KrystalErin0429 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I drink Captain and Diet Coke. Depending on how the drink is made....it's 85-100 cal per drink.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Wine is around 120 calories for a standard pour (5 ounces). Mixing liquor with a zero-calorie mixer (diet soda) is usually pretty low calorie (liquor is usually around 60 calories an ounce). If you like sweeter stuff, I've seen people recommend adding a pack of Crystal Light to something like a vodka or rum and club soda.
  • chookywillow
    chookywillow Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    gin and slim line tonic. about 50 calories. I have one. then a few with just tonic and lemon before the next gin.
  • JamiesMummyxx
    JamiesMummyxx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I second screw counting calories just have a few drinks and relax! We can't count 'em forever. :smiley:

But if needs must, vodka and diet coke. Gin and tonic. A bottle of pinot will set you back between 600-700 I guess.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Definitely hard liquor if calories is a problem. Lite beer just isn't the same as a regular one. Then again, you could just give yourself a weekend off with no lasting harmful effects...
  • Antmaril
    Antmaril Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Grey Goose and soda with a lime twist.
  • pmastro724
    pmastro724 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Vodka and club is my go to. AC is so fun! Hope the weather is good for you!
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Flirtinis all around
  • Gurney_Halleck
    Gurney_Halleck Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    gin and slim line tonic. about 50 calories. I have one. then a few with just tonic and lemon before the next gin.

Gin has 70 calories per ounce, so even with a no-calorie mixer aren't you looking at 100-150 cals per drink?
  • chookywillow
    chookywillow Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK. measure is 25 ml which is 56 calories. slimline tonic is 5 cal for 250 ml.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK. measure is 25 ml which is 56 calories. slimline tonic is 5 cal for 250 ml.

You have less than an ounce of alcohol in a standard mixed drink in the UK? Ooof, that's rough.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    My go to drink is tequila spritzer. I usually ask for one shot of tequila and double on spritzer water.
    Have fun. If you over do it on the drinks, no big deal.
  • paymentm
    paymentm Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I drink Caesars which I think the American version is a Bloody Mary? Higher in sodium but low in calories
  • alicia_christina
    alicia_christina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone these are awesome suggestions! ☺️
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Ha! Drink what you like and have a good weekend. Just don't make it an every day thing.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I prefer straight up whiskey. About 70 calories an ounce. No extra calories from mixers, gets the job done. ;)
  • beatyfamily1
    beatyfamily1 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    If it's fruity watch that booty. If it's brown chug it down. lol Light beers are low in calories. Spirits 80 proof are really low in calories. It's when you mix the spirits with something that drives up calories.