June 1st challenge

Replies

• naomijjensen1
    naomijjensen1 Posts: 8 Member
    I'm in 5 10 cw 233.8
    goal by July 1 220
  • sstrack123
    sstrack123 Posts: 171 Member
    I'm in, I started the Diet Diva meal plans today and I hope to do this whole month along with my fitness goals. Always looking for motivating friends who communicate
  • shoeslover00
    shoeslover00 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm in!!! Anyone can add me so we can stay motivated!! :):):):):)
  • grigglipuff
    grigglipuff Posts: 44 Member
    HOW DID EVERYONE'S FIRST DAY GO?! :)
  • sc487
    sc487 Posts: 102 Member
    HOW DID EVERYONE'S FIRST DAY GO?! :)
    .4 lbs down.
  • Zoombabutt
    Zoombabutt Posts: 2 Member
    10 in June sounds doable! Yesterday I passed Wendy's. No Frosty. I feel like I'm in a race and the gun just went off :):#
  • angellak
    angellak Posts: 68 Member
    CW: 132
    GW: 122
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,412 Member
    edited June 2016
    Looks like about 50 of us! 50x10=500 lbs lost by the end of June! Woot!!!!!!
  • babyxfangs
    babyxfangs Posts: 14 Member
    I weigh in on Fridays and today I'm down 2.6lbs!
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    Eh, I weigh every day to track fluctuations. I'll let you know when it drops below the sudden plummet "165.8" recorded last Thurs.

I mean that may have just been a fluke weight... somehow... since I was back up to 168.8 on Mon (weekend away, no weighing, also a random high day since Tues was 167.5) and am now down to 167.

Like... at some point the mythical 165 will return for real.
  • sc487
    Down 2.4 lbs
  • Martha6010
    Martha6010 Posts: 82 Member
    Add me . CW as of this morning 182.4. Im on instagram also as angel6010 we got this
  • rebbrebb
    rebbrebb Posts: 7 Member
    I'm in! Good luck everyone and feel free to add me so we can motivate each other :)
  • normalicia11
    normalicia11 Posts: 474 Member
    Hi, I'm in
    I restarted this journey on May 23,2016 and have lost 5lb since.
    My goal for this challenge will be 10+lbs
    SW 189
    CW 184
    GW 174 or less
    My ultimate goal is 139 since I'm only 5'1"

Good luck to you all!!!!:-)
  • prettyblondylady
    prettyblondylady Posts: 13 Member
    Is it REALLY possible for one single snicker doodle to have 440 calories?! I had one at a work luncheon today and looked it up later and that's what the calorie counter said. Yikes! That's one third of my daily calories!
  • KetoneKaren
    Is it REALLY possible for one single snicker doodle to have 440 calories?! I had one at a work luncheon today and looked it up later and that's what the calorie counter said. Yikes! That's one third of my daily calories!

I guess if it was a really big snickerdoodle - but I would think it would be more like 240.
  • normalicia11
    sc487 wrote: »
    Down 2.4 lbs
    Great job!

• x0lcbaby0x
    x0lcbaby0x Posts: 1,077 Member
    I'm in! Let's go!
  • sc487
    sc487 wrote: »
    Down 2.4 lbs
    Great job!

Thanks
  • crazypeachs
    crazypeachs Posts: 55 Member
    ok. first check in for me. CW: 303.8 (forgot to weigh myself yesterday, and already ate, so today is out. have to 'trust' thursday's weight. :neutral: ) / walked 5 times this week, at least 20 min ea / strength 2 times this week. :disappointed: this was the first week of this plan, so i guess i'll give myself a little break, next week will be better. but i'm down almost 2lbs this week, yay!

sorry, guys, i don't do this stuff on my instagram, I'll just keep popping in here. :smile: best wishes, everyone!
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    lexbubbles wrote: »
    Eh, I weigh every day to track fluctuations. I'll let you know when it drops below the sudden plummet "165.8" recorded last Thurs.

I mean that may have just been a fluke weight... somehow... since I was back up to 168.8 on Mon (weekend away, no weighing, also a random high day since Tues was 167.5) and am now down to 167.

Like... at some point the mythical 165 will return for real.

Finally saw 165 again lads. 165.3 this morning!
  • sc487
    SW: 278.4
    CW: 274.6
    GW: 268.4

3.8 lbs lost for June
  • heatherrosemergy
    heatherrosemergy Posts: 1 Member
    Add me. Started 6/1 at 168# and have gained to 171# :s
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 1,023 Member
    Goal by July 1: 202 or below

5/30/16 - 205.6
    6/6/16 - 203.2 (-2.4 lbs)
  • normalicia11
    Down 4lbs! Yay!
  • sc487
    SW: 278.4
    CW: 273.6
    GW: 268.4

4.8 lbs lost for June
  • dmcatlady
    dmcatlady Posts: 65 Member
    SW: 164
    CW: 160.5
    GW: 154

So down a few this week which is nice. We will see if it continues...especially as we have vacation coming up in just over a week!
  • KetoneKaren
    I'm still here, I hope you guys will hang around until July 7th when I get weighed next. I don't get on the scales between doctor visits for right now. But my clothes are looser and I feel better. Exercise tolerance is improved. And people are starting to notice. So I bet I'm losing weight. :)
  • sc487
    I'm still here, I hope you guys will hang around until July 7th when I get weighed next. I don't get on the scales between doctor visits for right now. But my clothes are looser and I feel better. Exercise tolerance is improved. And people are starting to notice. So I bet I'm losing weight. :)

Just out of curiosity, why don't you get on the scales? And congrats on the weightloss, if people notice, you're losing :)
  • KetoneKaren
    @sc487 Yes, good question. I am 61 y.o and have lost about 1500lbs in my lifetime :s so I have lots of experience with my own psyche. I started out this time with a bariatric endocrinologist who is a guru, and we made a plan which includes not getting on the scale except at his office for the first 12 weeks. I see him every 6 weeks. July 7th will be my third visit. This was my idea, not his, but he was in full agreement with it after we had our discussion. I started April 14th, and didn't find out what my starting weight was until I went back on May 26th. (226 starting weight, and 13 lbs down to 213 on May 26th.) I am 65" tall.

Because I feel a great deal of shame about my weight and relationship with food, I wanted to try something different this time to break the pattern of obsessing about the scales, self-punishing, ruminating about weight and food, all of which is destructive and not something I want to sustain. I really just want to be free of shame, be healthy, feel comfortable in my own skin, like what I see in the mirror, and build muscle for all of the obvious reasons. None of that has to do with how much I weigh from one day to the next. It is important to be weighed, but for now it is not important for me to know how much I weigh each day.

I feel much happier now than any other time I have tackled my obesity. I am eating reasonably, weighing and logging my food, banking calories for restaurants and special meals, and feeling positive. I am noticing the changes in my body in other ways, as I mentioned in my previous post. It is much more satisfying than a number on a scale for me, and I think my body image is less distorted. I actually see that my stomach is flatter, and notice that I can jump higher in Jazzercise, and that it is easier to tie my shoes. I feel much more patient with the process, in contrast to previous times when I would expect to lose 3 lbs this week if I lost 3 lbs last week, which is utterly illogical, I know.

When I go back July 7th, I plan to discuss weighing myself once a week at home. Eventually I think it will be fine to weigh every morning, but not for now.

I am sure that was way more information than you wanted. :)

Karen in Virginia