Members eating 2000 calories or close to it with open diaries.

I am trying to eat 2000 as I'm 400 pounds and thought that's a good number but I find when I eat 100% clean I can not get close to it.

Today I had 950 calories and I'm done eating. I usually get a bit more.

I will try to include snacks through out the day. But I would love to see what other members eat to get 2000 calories

Thanks

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited June 2016
    When people say that "clean" eating has left them unable to meet their calorie goals, it often means they have cut too many calorie-dense foods from their diet. Are you eating nuts/nut butters, plant oils, seeds, fruit (including coconut, avocado, and banana), and grains (including bread and pasta)? These calorie-dense foods have nutrients your body needs and they can also help people meet their calorie goals.

A serving of almonds has about 170 calories. Half an avocado has about 160. 2 ounces of pasta are 200 calories. A tablespoon of olive oil has 120 calories. These foods don't have a lot of mass so they aren't going to stuff you -- but it's hard not to meet your calorie goals when you're including them regularly.

• canadacatman
    canadacatman Posts: 224 Member
    When people say that "clean" eating has left them unable to meet their calorie goals, it often means they have cut too many calorie-dense foods from their diet. Are you eating nuts/nut butters, plant oils, seeds, fruit (including coconut, avocado, and banana), and grains (including bread and pasta)? These calorie-dense foods have nutrients your body needs and they can also help people meet their calorie goals.

A serving of almonds has about 170 calories. Half an avocado has about 160. 2 ounces of pasta are 200 calories. A tablespoon of olive oil has 120 calories. These foods don't have a lot of mass so they aren't going to stuff you -- but it's hard not to meet your calorie goals when you're including them regularly.

Yupp that is me. It seems when I eat "clean" I cut all that out of my diet. I lean more towards salads cereals berries.

Thanks
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

Yupp that is me. It seems when I eat "clean" I cut all that out of my diet. I lean more towards salads cereals berries.

Thanks

How are you meeting your needs for fat? Is there a specific reason you aren't wanting to eat calorie-dense foods. Since you're not meeting your goals, this would be a good time to select some to add to your diet. If you're worried about portion control (some people find it hard to limit foods like nuts), you can always start with ones that you don't crave as much. Add a bit of oil to your salads (the fat helps you absorb all the nutrients in the greens!) or some banana with your berries.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    My diary is open, I eat close to 2000 most days. But I don't eat clean.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    I think my diary is open. Feel free to peruse.
  • jbrown2339
    jbrown2339 Posts: 52 Member
    I think mine is open, i am for a about 1900 calories, feel free to look around
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Mine is open to friends, and you're welcome to friend me.

Typical day that adds to about 2,000:
    Multigrain waffle with 2 Tbl almond butter and something fruity (a tablespoon of cherry jam at the moment, but a handful of fresh fruit or some cranberry sauce are also good)
    A plain Greek yogurt with 2 Tbl flax and a cup of frozen berries
    An avocado with 3oz snap peas
    A couple of Dark chocolate covered walnuts
    Barbecue pulled pork loin (10 ounces of meat, weighed raw, plus 3 Tbl sauce)
    Two cups of blueberries (because fresh US-grown blueberries)

• 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    1990 and open!