This is for people who have lost more then 60 pounds?

Options
jjgrambor
jjgrambor Posts: 7 Member
Hello, I have a huge issue with my skin being loose in my thighs and tummy. I have lost 65 pounds and want to lose at least 20 more. I workout six days a week, 30 min cardio 30 min weight training. Is there any hope other then surgery to tighten up my skin? Does it get better? I have lost this weight over the last year so it wasn't fast. Does your body catch up? I would love to hear from other people who have this and what helps.
Thank you,
Jen

Replies

• WRLemmon
    WRLemmon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It will go away with time, it just takes a while
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    It might tighten and it might not. Mine has improved significantly. It may never go away completely.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    WRLemmon wrote: »
    It will go away with time, it just takes a while

While I think this member posted what you wanted to hear, I'll post what often times is the case as not everyone is so lucky to have 'it go away with time'.

This is a bit more of the actual truth...
    We all want to hear they'll be no loose skin but sometimes that's not the way it turns out. It'll depend on any number of things from age, how much weight you have carried for how long in your life, how quickly you have dropped it, if you have done weight lifting. Different things for different people contribute to the end result.

They say give it two years to really allow your body to settle a bit to give it time to adjust. If someone plans surgery that is typically how long most surgeons have you wait.

I agree with @pdxwine far better than being overweight and unhealthy but I hear you, I have some loose skin now and there will more in the future. I do plan on surgery though, some insurance companies will pick it up for health reasons, some won't. Some on MFP share they are saving up for it as a reward for taking good care of themselves now, getting healthier.

See if you can't do a search and see photos of members who have shared how they went about the decision on what they chose to do. Another good place to view members who have lost a great deal and will openly share are in the success section.

Try not to worry too much now... keep lifting weights, not light ones, heavy ones that will add muscle to your body.

:heart:
  • jjgrambor
    jjgrambor Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies! I wouldn't change my weight loss for anything. I do however want to try and tone where ever I can. I'm lifting heavy 5 days a week cardio 3 days a week for 20- 30 mins.