not hungry and not eating enough calories HELP!!!

Options
It's only been 10 days since I started and I'm not hungry and I am not eating enough. What should I do? Thanx, Wren

Replies

• Cabe89
    Cabe89 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm at 30 days and having the same problem. I have no idea.
  • Frumpy2Fit
    Frumpy2Fit Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    bump
  • timlord
    timlord Posts: 158
    Options
    munch on protein4-5 times a day about 10 g each servimg/when calories go down, protein needs to go up
    Tim L
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    If you open up your food diary, it would help us to have a better idea of some possible solutions...
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Have a glass of milk. Women need the calcium and the protien will fill you up.

Also, high healthy fat foods like almonds, pistachios and avacados.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    eat more.
  • Lucy_Alice
    Lucy_Alice Posts: 29
    Options
    Bump - I'm having the same problem.

I'm finding nuts helpful in upping my calories in a healthy way at the mo.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat more food to get more calories in, just make different food choices.
    Here are some tips to increase you caloric intake:
    -Stop eating diet or lite versions of food
    -When option for Milk products (cheese, milk, yogurt,etc) opt for a higher MF% choice i.e. swich skim milk to 2%
    -Add nuts, seeds, dehydrated fruit and/or nut butters to you day instead of a low cal snack
    -Add olive oil to soups and sauces
    -Add avocado to salads and sandwiches
    -Have a glass of juice in place of a glass of water.
    -etc.
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    Plan what you're going to eat that day in the morning. You'll know if you're going to eat enough calories. If not, add something. Then...eat it.

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have just started taking a good multi-vitamin and decided that when i am more hungry i will eat.

7202288.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    It's kind of normal. I went through it too. Here's what I did to break the pattern. Instead of eating when I was hungry, I ate by the clock.

Breakfast time is between 9:30 - 10 a.m. (can't do food first thing in the morning)
    Lunch time is between 1:00 - 1:30 p.m.
    Mid afternoon snack (pre gym boost) 4:00 p.m.
    Dinner time 8:00 - 8:30 p.m.
    After dinner snack 10:00 p.m.

If you eat at the same times every day, NOT skipping any meals, your body will grow accustomed to getting fuel at those specific times. Not only are you working on changing your diet, but you're teaching your body to work more efficiently.
  • mjennings
    mjennings Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    start snacking on fruits and nuts every two hours that should take care of the calories intake also will give you the fiber you need
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Eat clean natural foods and eat every few hours. If eating clean is tough try foods that are minimally processed. Experts say eating every 2-3 hours really helps. You've gotta fuel the engine! :)

I try to do something active every single day and I never have the trouble of not being hungry. I also pre-log my workouts before I go so that I can spread my workout calories all during the day with healthy snack choices.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I had this problem earlier on in the beginning. Make sure you aren't skipping meals because this will only slow your metabolism down. Make a point to get all your meals in and some healthy high protein snacks in between. As you exercise more, your appetite will improve too. It may take awhile for your body to adjust to eating more but you will eventually WANT to eat more!! Good luck to you:)
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat more food to get more calories in, just make different food choices.
    Here are some tips to increase you caloric intake:
    -Stop eating diet or lite versions of food
    -When option for Milk products (cheese, milk, yogurt,etc) opt for a higher MF% choice i.e. swich skim milk to 2%
    -Add nuts, seeds, dehydrated fruit and/or nut butters to you day instead of a low cal snack
    -Add olive oil to soups and sauces
    -Add avocado to salads and sandwiches
    -Have a glass of juice in place of a glass of water.
    -etc.

Great advice!
  • wdayton
    wdayton Posts: 18
    Options
    thank you everyone!!!
  • tezarozaboza
    tezarozaboza Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy yet higher calorie food - Cheese, Nuts, Meat etc...

I went through this where I'd have something daft like 600-700 cals left and MFP would tell me off when I completed my diary entry for the day. However, this week I have gone completely the other way and I am going 100 - 1000 over my calories nearly every day this week (only 1000 over on one day as had a takeaway and went out on the town).

I've been on here about a month and I think that it'll be a roller coaster until you find your feet.

I'm hoping it balances out a bit as I spent nearly 6 hours on my feet at the Take That concert on the Monday so my fingers are crossed just to stay the same weight this week!

Terri xx
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone!!!
    Thank you for opening your diary. My only comment is you shouldn't be skipping meals. If you're not hungry, have something small, like a yogurt and some friut for breakfast, etc.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'd say, first off - start eating breakfast. (I know - I wasn't a breakfast eater for a long time...) Yogurt and blueberries, a smoothie, hard-boiled egg, cheese stick, handful of nuts, etc. - even if you're not really hungry for breakfast - you'll likely develop a hunger for it after a week or so of eating it anyways. (I can't imagine not having breakfast now.)