I cant believe it. I love running!! And i can run!! Me!

Options
I completed c25k recently and it has changed my life. Im so proud of myself. From struggling to run that first minute to running a full 5k 3 times a week now. My sciatica and back pain are gone completly and I have lost a stone in weight. Most importantly I feel a wonderful sense of achievment. My mfp friends have helped me so much. Complete strangers to me in the real world but they are there to big me up and cheer me on. Feel free to add me if you want to share motivation and tips. Go run!!! You can do it!!!!!

Replies

• cadybrach7
    cadybrach7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel the exact same way. I just finished c25k as well and have never felt better. It was a struggle but now I love it and am so good at it. I'm working on the 10k now. So happy for you!
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Yay!
  • andrewgrainger242
    andrewgrainger242 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just starting the c25k journey hope to write a post like this soon!
  • Stripeymitten
    Stripeymitten Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Well done on your achievement! I'm doing W7D3 tomorrow so hopefully I'll be there soon too!
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Well done!! Keep improving yourself
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    tcatcarson wrote: »
    Welcome to the awakening! One more of us, one less of them!

LOL!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your accomplishment! I also recently finished c25k and I am AMAZED by the fact that I can now run 2.5 - 3 miles at a time without stopping. And yes, my back pain has disappeared too... I used to not be able to even walk 10 minutes without horrible cramping in my lower back, but now I can walk as long as I want to... and RUN!!!!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Yes! You CAN do it! And you can do even more (if that is what you wish, of course). The human body evolved to do this.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    It's amazing what people can do when they set their minds to it and follow a structured, sensible program. Congratulations!

Of course, you realize that the next thing will be the temptation to race......it's addictive. Crossing that finish line for the first time is an unbelievable rush!
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Running side of fitness. I started with C25K in September of 2014 and finished my first half marathon about a month ago. Not to mention SEVERAL 5Ks, One 10k, and one 14K.

It's awesome. It's the only sport that your own self is your biggest draw back. People think they cannot do it, until the put one foot in front of the other.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    There is actually a 5k race local to me that im thinking about doing at the end of the month. Gives me butterflies thinking about it lol.

Go for it!
  • tiny_clanger
    tiny_clanger Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    There is actually a 5k race local to me that im thinking about doing at the end of the month. Gives me butterflies thinking about it lol.

Definitely do it!! I completed the NHS Couch to 5K around February 2015. I signed up for my first 5k race in the April, ran it and loved it! Now running 10K's and doing a marathon April 2017 - you never know where the love will take you....:)
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

Do it!!! The buzz you'll get is unbelievable.

• msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options

Get out now, while you still can.

It starts with a 5k. It seems so nice, so much fun. Everyone else is doing it. What could a little hurt?

Then one day you find yourself a quivering wreck, exhausted, crying on your knees. Yes, you just completed your first marathon...

• craftyeileenm
    craftyeileenm Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is really motivating me to keep going. I started the ap three weeks ago when my baby turned 4 months but am struggling with it. I used to run a bit before pregnancy but never consistently. Now I'm doing it for me time! I am going to fit a run in tomorrow no matter what.
  • caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I finished 2 weeks ago and had the same moment of shock and awe...and immediately bridged into the 5k-10k plan! Welcome to the dark side!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options

Sign up and run it. Those butterflies feel wonderful when they are released at the finish line.