I need help about recognizing food.

Options
Hello, I am newbie here, and I need help about entering food what I ate.
In the morning I ate two slices of white bread with homemade strawberry jam, and I have no idea how to write it. As first, here was a list with about 50 different breads, and even with Google, I couldn't find exactly that sort what I ate. Can anyone help me how many calories has the bread, like on that picture (http://www.darabos.rs/upload/images/slideshow/bbhleb.jpg)?
By the way, we buy that kind of bread in local baker, so there's no label with nutritional value. I know that it's made from white flour, with yeast, and you can it during fast. That's all :blush:

Also, if anyone can tell me how to measure about one spoon of that jam? It's made by my mom, so there's no way to know how many callories are there.. :frowning::hushed:

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Megansmith112712
    Megansmith112712 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would made put in home made French bread (that's what it looks like to me) and homemade strawberry jam and enter using a tablespoon amount
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I usually just use the calories of any old jam for homemade stuff. It won't be 100% but it's good enough. I'd do the same for the bread I guess.

It would still be better to weigh them both though; the weight of a tablespoonful or a slice of bread (especially hand cut) can vary dramatically.
  • ThinAljaska
    ThinAljaska Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I appreciate your support. <3
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    If you want to be as accurate as possible even without knowing the exact brand/type of bread try to use a food scale, since "slice" could vary greatly.