30 Pounds to Lose

Options
It seems like such a daunting task, but I'm ready to begin!

My name is Danielle and I'm 25 years old. I started losing weight a year ago, and so far have lost 40 pounds. All that weight however was lost by last November. Since that point, the scale hasn't budged. I know it's not a "plateau", it's just me eating at maitenance. So I'm ready to get the scale moving again.

A little about me, I'm very social, love to be with and around people. I also like to be around animals, I work as a service animal trainer. Working in that field keeps me on my feet all day. I walk at least 10,000 steps a day (fitbit) no matter what.

I've widdled down my friends list over the last 6 months and I'm down to just a special few, and lots of them have hit goals or are about to. I'd like a few more friends who have some weight to lose. So if you're interested, add me!

Replies

• TakingBackForever
    TakingBackForever Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hoping to meet at least a few new friends!
  • Jesi1011
    Jesi1011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have about 30 to lose too. Been logging into MFP for 200+ days but not actually "trying" just maintaining. Just "restarted" last week and hoping to stay on track
  • TakingBackForever
    Options
    I'll add you! I have been just maintaining since the holidays. I'm having trouble getting back to it.
  • Shadyhuero805
    Shadyhuero805 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting is slowly working for me
  • TakingBackForever
    Options
    Intermittent fasting is slowly working for me

I tried that, but I just got so hungry in between. I don't think I could sustain it for very long without binging.
  • navdeeprana
    navdeeprana Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    You can do it stay strong...the only thing that helps me is by havung things that are low on calories but can satisfy my craving too...likrif I crave for ice cream...I replace it with nin fat sweet greek yogurt....but irrespective its a mind game ....you need to win it..
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hey hun, feel free to add me. I have 42lb to lose x
  • TakingBackForever
    Options
    You can do it stay strong...the only thing that helps me is by havung things that are low on calories but can satisfy my craving too...likrif I crave for ice cream...I replace it with nin fat sweet greek yogurt....but irrespective its a mind game ....you need to win it..

That's great advice. Cravings for higher calorie food are really getting to me!
  • G085H173
    G085H173 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Yip. It's a minefield of mind games
    Identify your favourite high calorie food then
    1) calculate how much exercise you would have to do to work off the calories
    AND
    2) do a fraction of that effort - a half, a quarter - you decide - then smile disdainfully at the thought of that food and tell yourself "I don't need it. I don't need the lard!"
  • TakingBackForever
    Options
    G085H173 wrote: »
    Yip. It's a minefield of mind games
    Identify your favourite high calorie food then
    1) calculate how much exercise you would have to do to work off the calories
    AND
    2) do a fraction of that effort - a half, a quarter - you decide - then smile disdainfully at the thought of that food and tell yourself "I don't need it. I don't need the lard!"

Haha! That's actually a great idea. I've been brushing my teeth when I get cravings right now. It seems to do ok, but I'm not always in a place I can practice good oral hygiene.
  • G085H173
    G085H173 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    LOL! Yes, standing in a supermarket aisle brushing your teeth whilst giving the confectionary ( which is placed strategically by the tills) the evil eye! An image indeed!
    The calories thing is good. Translate that into lard and exercise and you will start winning this mind game.
    Have 18lbs to go and it's Soooo tedious cos it's sooooo difficult! I like wine and good food too much! Happy to be a butt-kick accountability pal if you need one - Lord knows I do!
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    add away, I have about 30-40lbs to hit my normal weight

I'm disabled, not physically, mentally but not in the normal sense, because of my epilepsy and what caused it, apparently a rare virus that attacks the brain, I am housebound, so I get most of my fitbit steps via an exercise bike
  • TakingBackForever
    Options
    wytey wrote: »
    add away, I have about 30-40lbs to hit my normal weight

I'm disabled, not physically, mentally but not in the normal sense, because of my epilepsy and what caused it, apparently a rare virus that attacks the brain, I am housebound, so I get most of my fitbit steps via an exercise bike

That's awesome that you're finding a way to get your steps in staying in. I'll add you!
  • sizzlestellar
    sizzlestellar Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like :)
  • TakingBackForever
    Options
    Add me if you'd like :)

Thanks, I will!
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. 29 years old & 25lbs to lose. Currently 10lbs down.
  • fizif88
    fizif88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Iv got 40 lbs to lose juat started 30 min brisk walk and 30 min of general swimming . Trying to build up stamina of years of inactive lifestyle but somehow my quads are swelling up . Feel free to add me.
  • TakingBackForever
    Options
    I'll add you! :)
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I've got 40 lbs to lose. I just sent you a request. I need some new encouraging/inspiring buddies myself. Just getting back in the swing of things.
  • TakingBackForever
    Options
    Thank you guys so much!