Breakfast Ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I just ate a sandwich for breakfast. Breakfast doesn't have to mean breakfast food.
  • andream1976
    andream1976 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love to make Bacon, egg & cheese muffin cups. You can make a dozen at a time and then just reheat in the morning. All you do is mix up a dozen whole eggs (or whites or a combo if you like). Line your muffin tins with half a strip of bacon, pour the egg mixture about half way into a muffin cup, then top with a little shredded cheddar cheese and a sprinkle of pepper. Bake for 8-10 minutes in a 350 oven. Allow to completely cool before removing from pan. I store them in zip lock baggies (2)in the fridge and then just reheat for about 30 seconds or so in the microwave in the morning. These are great along side some fruit. My kids love them, too and you there are several variations so you can really add whatever you want (or don't). This recipe is actually a 21 day fix recipe so I don't have the exact calorie count as we counted them as "containers" but I would guess they are around 100 or so calories per muffin. Even if you have 2 and pair with fruit, you are still looking at a filling breakfast for under 300 calories. And as long as you aren't using reduced fat cheese or turkey bacon they are totally "clean", if that matters to you. Plus they are easy and fast to make on a Sunday and keep fresh for the week ahead.
  • JUiCY_KiSS
    JUiCY_KiSS Posts: 8,512 Member
    Options
    I premake the egg muffin cups with spinach and various other veggies ahead of time and reheat in the morning and serve with a light multigrain English muffin with avocado on top instead of butter for family and I serve mine with a piece of avocado toast using Ezekiel flax bread. I also have some sort of fruit. Sliced banana on top of almond butter toast with cinnamon is yummy too. I haven't tried the overnight oats yet but I plan to add that to breakfast menu too. I'm planning on doing some quinoa bowls as well fixed like oatmeal.