Trying to lose around 30 lbs in two months?

Options
I recently gained about 15 lbs over the course of what was a seriously stressful year for me, and now that I have a clearer mind I want to get in shape before the start of he next school year which is about mid August. What tips do you have for exercising/dieting or in general?
Also any foods/recipes to avoid/try?

Replies

• xCyanideGirlx
    xCyanideGirlx Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit of -1000 calories for the best and safest results. Ex: if your TDEE is 2200 cals, eat only 1200 cals.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Not going to happen. But you an lose some over the summer.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Nope. Not realistic at all. But you can lose some weight before you start school and the rest during the year.
  • xjazz63x
    xjazz63x Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like you am trying to lose around the same amount of weight. But in my mind I have set myself a weight that I would be happy to be - it's not my ideal weight but i would still feel comfortable. I've lost 5lbs in a week doing a high protein diet, just another stone to go and I will be on track to being my ideal weight ☺️. Hope you get there!
  • SunnyDayzMomma
    SunnyDayzMomma Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    That's 3.75 pounds a week. Unless you're very obese to start with, that's not only unrealistic, but IF someone were able to do it, it's super unhealthy! And that weight would most definitely come back (and maybe then some) because whatever someone could do to lose that much that fast, would be unsustainable and the boomerang effect would be pretty strong. Slow and steady. Slow and steady.
  • jnz17
    jnz17 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to lose weight I gained during the school year. I think the best thing is to set up your habits over the summer so you're losing 1-2 lbs per week, and then once it's a habit to eat at that # of calories and work out a certain amount per week that works for you, you can continue it during the school year in August. Last summer I was doing really well and lost like 15 lbs in a month, but that didn't give me the right habits during the year so I ended up gaining more than ever before.. trust me you want to avoid that.
  • Adrienneburrows1
    Adrienneburrows1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It took me 5 months to lose 33lbs with a 1200 calorie diet and exercise. It will probably take you longer than 2 months to lose it.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Shoot for half that and you've got a good, solid chance.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    30 lbs in 8 weeks? So 3.75 lbs per week? If you're not already 100lbs overweight, it's NOT gonna happen.

If your TDEE is 2300, you'd have to eat 425 calories per day. No one here is going to help you do that.
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    1200 cals per day, no dairy, no junk food or desserts, and plenty of water. Plus, walk 3-5 miles a day at least 6 days a week. It's totally doable. I drop about 15 pounds per month. If you need a friend, add me. I'm glad to give you input. :) Good luck
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    1200 cals per day, no dairy, no junk food or desserts, and plenty of water. Plus, walk 3-5 miles a day at least 6 days a week. It's totally doable. I drop about 15 pounds per month. If you need a friend, add me. I'm glad to give you input. :) Good luck

This is dangerous and wrong advice. :noway:
  • Foggiblu
    Foggiblu Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I had back surgery and gained 30 lbs in four months. I was constantly hungry. Anyway I seem to gain much faster than i lose, but I'm going to do 1200 calories. Why try to lose 30 lbs in 2 months? If you do, I bet you gain all back in the next 3 months. At work there are a bunch of people that lost very quickly on the HCG diet, but everyone has gained it right back. Be sensible and lose slowly. It will be much easier to maintained.
  • gnarlykickflip
    gnarlykickflip Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    like everyone else said, i would say to lower your expectations and aim for something more sustainable. remember that the ads you see on tv for diets and workout plans are very exaggerated, and it's not realistic to expect those kinds of results in real life, at least if you want to keep the weight off. not to mention, such rapid loss will likely come from muscle as well as fat (depending on how much fat you have to begin with i think?), plus you might have some saggy skin unfortunately. i lose at about 5 lbs/mo when im really focused, and maintain otherwise.

other than that, to answer your question about diet and exercise tips. i like to go for a short walk every morning, i do moderate pace for 20-30 minutes depending on if i snooze my alarm. this really improves my days, as someone who is otherwise extremely sedentary. it helps me feel stronger and more awake, and also helps my mental health. as far as calorie counting, i would say to try not to cut out any foods entirely, if you can. i eat halo top ice cream for my sweet tooth, but otherwise stick to "healthy foods" throughout the rest of my day. i find that veggies, fruits, and 100% whole grain breads are great for fiber, which helps me feel fuller with lower calories. make sure you're getting enough protein! i eat tofu, nuts, whole milk, and eggs for my protein and fats because im vegetarian, i would say that tofu and chicken are some of the best ways to get protein for less calories. "healthy" means different things to different people, so if things like organic or local food matter to you, give them a try.

but really, the best workout routines and diets are whatever you can stick to, honestly. if running or lifting is boring, play a sport instead. if eating a bite of chocolate every day keeps you from stuffing your face, do it. if it makes you want to eat it more, cut it out of your diet. experiment a bit and figure out what works for you, and you will be able to keep up your loss and maintain for as long as you want. good luck friend, and feel free to add me if you like!
  • sherryzm24
    sherryzm24 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting is the key for it buddy :)
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options

Well I guess if you walk 5 miles a day and only eat 1200 calories you will lose 15lbs per month. Good luck with your continued success but don't pass that horrible idea over to someone else. You be hungry and weak over there by yourself. No need to drag someone else with you lol.