HELP ME!!!

Options
I need to eat 2,225 calories a day to lose 48 lbs.
I have no idea what or how to eat this much.
Any and all help is desperately needed.
Thanks all.
Todd

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Hi Todd,
    Read the stickies at the top here.

Do you own a digital kitchen scale? They're only $20 or so, and that way you can weigh your food to make sure of your calorie content when you log your foods using this app.
  • toddsteere
    toddsteere Posts: 11 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I do own a scale.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Definitely read the stickies.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    And even If you do eat that much every day it will take a long time and it will not be a straight line.
  • toddsteere
    Options
    Thank you so much for responding so quickly.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    What dianethegeek said! Honestly, I'd just start by logging. Don't try to make any drastic changes at first. If you are new to calorie counting, just seeing how much you are currently eating, and how many calories your favorite foods contain will be helpful. From there you can figure out obvious places to cut back.
  • toddsteere
    Options
    Again thank you 1000x
    I really had no idea that the responses would be so kind hearted and helpful.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    tlflag1620 wrote: »
    What dianethegeek said! Honestly, I'd just start by logging. Don't try to make any drastic changes at first. If you are new to calorie counting, just seeing how much you are currently eating, and how many calories your favorite foods contain will be helpful. From there you can figure out obvious places to cut back.
    Awesome advice!

This is a suggestion I usually make, too. Just start out by logging everything you're eating. Get a baseline for the way you've been eating normally; it's usually an eye-opener. Then look at the items in your log and make some realistic determinations. Think of your weekly calorie allotment like a budget. You have so many calories per day and it's up to you to determine how to "spend" them in a way that will make you happiest. A few questions you might consider as you look at your log:

Is this calorie-heavy food item worth the calories it costs? What could I replace it with that might still fill me up but has less calories? If I substitute X for Y would I be just as happy? How many calories am I drinking each day and what changes could I make to lower that? Do I really need that afternoon snack or would I rather save those calories to eat while I'm watching TV at night?

• lisaseager45
    lisaseager45 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Frog???:-/ lmao