Pregnant... now what to eat?!?

Options
2»

Replies

• sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    I was in the middle of trying to lose weight from my 3rd pregnancy when I got pregnant with my 4th. I didn't really watch my calories as much as I made sure to try and eat really healthy. My downfall was fruit. I ate way to much of it and the last part of my pregnancy my DR actually restricted me from fruit and all "white" foods. It was causing my sugar levels to spike and she said he was getting too big too quick for me. I did really well with him and only gained 30 pounds instead of my normal 50.

I think it's fine to ask advice of others who have been there and done that. She's not JUST taking advice from strangers. She's going to a health care professional. Nothing wrong with asking a question and getting others opinions.
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    The medical community has a place but it certainly isn't in childbirth.

:love:

Congrats on your pregnancy! Focus on a varied, protein-rich, whole foods diet, and enjoy being pregnant!
  • Quierstina
    Quierstina Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean to start a fight...sorry.
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    I didn't mean to start a fight...sorry.

You didn't. This always seems to happen in these types of posts.
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    OP congrats! I have gone through two pregnancies, but never the healthy way, so I have nothing to advise.

On a side note this is the FIRST post I have ever seen arguing in on MFP. Booo.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    ehhh sounds like a question for you doctor.
  • Jennloella
    Options
    What you absolutely should NOT do is get pregnancy advice from a bunch of strangers on a public web site. You SHOULD find an OB doc you trust, and work with them to formulate the best diet and exercise program for you.

While everyone is entitled to their opinion...my opinion of your comment is - that's a bit rude. If she wants to reach out to fellow MFP folks and chat with folks in the same boat It's definitely her prerogative. Nothing wrong with shared knowledge and shared experiences. As she said she's going to the doctor soon but it's always nice to get feedback from people who have been though the same thing - hence the purpose of MFP.

:flowerforyou: Btw, congrats on being pregnant - enjoy!:flowerforyou:

It is not rude, it's good common sense. Getting pregnancy advice from anyone other than a trained professional is dangerous. Every body and every pregnancy is different.

I agree.
  • Jennloella
    Options
    Seriously, bcattoes, you are in the minority and certainly not the type of person I feel like dealing with today. Please stay out of this thread or I will be reporting you. Be constructive or just stay away.

woah...hahahahah easy tiger!!! the ;thing about these message boards is it is open to everyone and sometimes people will give you the side of the story you didn't "want" to hear! maybe if you wanted a private conversation with only people that agree with you, you should have done it in private messages? just sayin' ...... not everyone agrees, you can't expect people to bite their tongue just because you don't wanna hear it! =D
  • otm25
    otm25 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am 9 weeks pregnant and have consulted my doctor as well as friends and nurses. Basically, the baby is a parasite, it will take what it needs. Until you work out a dietary and exercise plan with your doc, just do what you have been doing! You don't really need to up any calories until the 2nd and 3rd trimester when you will need to raise your calories by 300. When I told my doctor that I had jumped from 1200 to 2000 calories, he said it was a bit extreme. Since then I have been maintaining at about 1800 calories a day plus 30 minutes of exercise and have gained only 3/4 of a lb. Right on schedule!