Low carb

Options
SherriJo5830
SherriJo5830 Posts: 14 Member
edited June 2016 in Getting Started
Hi I started low carb about 2 weeks ago and lost 7 lbs. I set my carb range 50-100. Has anyone had success with this? I have tried everything you can think of and this seems to be working for me so far. I'm feeling better and my appetite seems controlled. The only thing I'm still needing motivation with is exercise.

Replies

• timothylmayer
    timothylmayer Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to be on one of those diets so it interest me.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Low carb works as long as you stay in an energy deficit. Low carb can make it easier to get and stay in an energy deficit due to the appetite control many notice. A big component, with any diet, is personal preference, so if it works for you and you can sustain it go for it.
  • SherriJo5830
    SherriJo5830 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your reply. I have tried everything pretty much you can think of. I know someone who had tremendous success doing this and thought I'd try the low carb option. I am amazed on how my cravings have stopped. I'm fulfilled with my daily food choices and hope to see a good healthy weight loss
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    OP, I suggest you check out the main low carber forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketofiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Like @galehawkins above, I also follow Keto and I've had terrific success with it. Read my profile for my full story.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    There are also many of us in http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group who are doing lower carb but not very low carb. As @galehawkins says, we are all different but with so many of us discussing what works and what doesn't, you'll get lots of ideas and information from this group.
  • labreemike
    labreemike Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It's always worked for me and quickly. I keep going back to bad habits. Third day back on.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    When I was larger my carb count didn't matter. Now that I'm more lean I do lose and just look better with a lower carb intake.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Last weekend I read: The Fast Metabolism Diet: Lose Up to 20 Pounds in 28 Days: Eat More Food & Lose More Weight by Haylie Pomroy and have been taken back by her views.

It is no sugar, no wheat, etc way of eating that repeats every 7 days. The first 2 days is high carb, then 2 of high protein then 3 days of LCHF. While I am not eating that way I did eat a boat load of carbs Monday at 6 pm of potato salad, cold slaw and baked beans which were not pure sugar. This evening I went to a local non chain restaurant and had beef liver covered in white onions with beets, cabbage and black eyed peas and just finished off a whole apple. Tuesday I was back in ketosis in about 24 hours and I will check when it happens tomorrow .

Her clinical experience lead her to decide to boost the metabolism by making the body move back and forth between burning glucose and ketones. I have lost a few pounds this week. For some reason I have less interest in eating heavy on the fats.

So far my pain level is still well controlled. This is kind of fun after 20 straight months of Keto only. She is very open about what one eats as long as it is whole food in its nature.