Food ideas

Options
I'm skinny and trying to gain muscle mass. Been told I need good protein before and after workouts, lots of good fats, and carbs. Trying not to eat much processed foods. I need food ideas that aren't processed but have good fat, carbs, and the calories needed to grow

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    edited June 2016
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with processed foods. They can fit into an overall healthy diet.

How much you weigh. I suspect you only need 150g or less of pro based on your pic.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read#latest
  • Longevity100
    Longevity100 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm skinny and trying to gain muscle mass. Been told I need good protein before and after workouts, lots of good fats, and carbs. Trying not to eat much processed foods. I need food ideas that aren't processed but have good fat, carbs, and the calories needed to grow

I'm happy to provide you with feedback. Post up your current nutrition plan.
  • CalebUnland
    CalebUnland Posts: 10 Member
    Options

I'm happy to provide you with feedback. Post up your current nutrition plan.

Trying about 2,200-2,500 calories, 306 g. carbs, 91 g fats, and overall good protein. Thanks
  • CalebUnland
    CalebUnland Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with processed foods. They can fit into an overall healthy diet.

How much you weigh. I suspect you only need 150g or less of pro based on your pic.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read#latest

I weigh about 120 lbs. I spoke with one of the US top trainers and they said I need to eat "A LOT." Mostly nutrient dense foods. "Avoid processed foods"
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

I weigh about 120 lbs. I spoke with one of the US top trainers and they said I need to eat "A LOT." Mostly nutrient dense foods. "Avoid processed foods"

Well studies done by scientist would suggest there is no additional benefit from protein over 1.5 to 2.2 g per kg of weight.

And how is your trainer defining processed? We all would recommend a fairly nutrient dense diet but you can still eat foods like pizza, ice cream and the alike. If you think it adversely affects your performance or achieving your goals, i would direct you to michael phelps.

But if you can reach your goals without specific foods that you feel are bad then its ok. In the end, its all about total context of diet.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    2200-2500 is not "ALOT". Figure out your surplus for your personal tdee then add calories. Idk how old you are, but if your young, just lift heavy and eat big
  • sarahamid2016
    sarahamid2016 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Nuts,milk,dates,bananas,dark chocolate,avacado,soy milk
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter