Healthy Alternatives to Salad Dressing

Options
13»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I either use hot sauce or sesame oil with soy sauce.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I enjoy using pickle juice from hot pickles as salad dressing. Lately I've used balsamic vinegar for the 0 sodium.
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    All of these sound great, I just have one more ingredient to suggest that has a long shelf life and probiotic value - plain kefir. It is pourable yogurt that adds some fat, so you can make a creamy coleslaw dressing with kefir and apple cider vinegar, a pinch of sugar if you like it sweet, or mustard if you like it spicy, and it gives you a creamy rich texture without all of the fat of mayonnaise. it is yummy on cabbage/arugula/apple/carrot/jicama slaw.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I like umeboshi vinegar, olive oil and a bit of pepper.
  • sjbm57
    sjbm57 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to put orange on my salad the juice and slices
  • roxcrm
    roxcrm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I made a mustard vinaigrette. 1 tsp mustard, 3 tbsp white vinegar, 3 tbsp olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic sauce to taste! Easy, low cal, and delicious!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Avocado and salsa together, hummus, lemon juice, lite vinaigrettes, bolthouse farms dressings, or a runny egg. Baked beans are really good in salads too lol
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Salt and pepper needs more credit, I got really bored with my bland raw veggies until someone pointed out the obvious of them just needing a good sprinkling of S+P and boy did it make a difference! My second favourite is a raspberry balsamic vinegar which is really good on leafy salads.
  • rph2t
    rph2t Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I second the salsa. A nice bed of greens, a little corn and black beans, maybe some shredded chicken with taco seasoning if you're going for a full meal. Throw on sour cream, and you have the most delicious "Santa Fe" salad you've ever eaten. It is truly amazing the difference a little salsa and sour cream can make.
  • tomatosoup3
    tomatosoup3 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i use flavored cottage cheese (garlic dill flavor). it's pretty good.