Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    veerod993 wrote: »
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    veerod993 wrote: »
    im not even out of high school... I know its safe i was just curious as to knowing if ill get headaches due to not getting enough sugars or things like that...

wait wait wait

answer the above. Are you going to drink water and eat NOTHING?

ill be eating food of course

Maybe asking the question you really meant to ask in your original post might have been a good idea - you did ask if it was safe!

If you are currently drinking caffeinated beverages and suddenly stop you may get headaches while you adjust. If you are caffeine sensitive then tapering down may be more sensible than a sudden stop.

Not really sure what you are hoping to gain by only drinking water (or rather making water your only drink!) apart from a test of your discipline perhaps?
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I only drink water for fluid because I don't find anything else quenches my thirst. I'm fine! :)
  • kelseyframe91
    kelseyframe91 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It is safe but drinking too much can lead to water intoxication (basically an imbalance of electrolytes). But only if you drink 1 to 2 gallons of the stuff! If you get bored of it try adding lemon or lime. Green tea has 0 calories and has loads of health benefits. Good luck!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Con: no beer, wine, or coffee
  • justincooper405
    justincooper405 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you weigh and log the Water properly :wink: JK

I drink only water and black coffee, I don't drink alcohol (it makes me way to funny and awesome) I have the odd diet soda to look cool while out in an activity where people are drinking and I enjoy it :)
  • Zipp237
    Zipp237 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    The only con for me was that I had to go through caffeine withdrawal. The pros for me were that I felt a lot better, didn't want to eat as much, felt cooler in hot temperatures and I saved money. I'm very glad that I switched to water.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »

I like the way you think.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    only con about drinking 2-3 gallons of water a day like I do is having to Pee a whole lot
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,008 Member
    Options
    If you are used to drinking caffeinated drinks you will probably get headaches for a week or so. I personally don't think it is necessary to only drink water, but if you want to there is nothing wrong with that. I mostly drink water but I always have my morning coffee and I sometimes drink other things.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The only con is boredom.

Here's a trick from my support group; put a rubber band on your bottle every time you finish it. You will know at the end of the day how many you have finished.

You can get all the nutrition you need from food. If you are fainting from hunger have a Snickers bar or an apple.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »

I like the way you think.

@cerise_noir Loving the profile pic.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    When you drink enough water your skin is plump and has a nice glow, no dry mouth, and you sweat when hot. (Sweat is good). On hot days you may avert heat exhaustion.