Testosterone supplements

Options
2»

Replies

• Bghere1
    Bghere1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    yeah your primary shutdown at this point. see your doc. man up and get your levels up. No matter what your current diet and health look like now, you wont be able to do anything about it until you address this issue as well. At that level and a modest dose of ~160mg/wk look at about 3 weeks before your going to feel any good at all again. I don't care where ya post dude I will still mouth off :D but thanks ruthee:hushed:
    lexbubbles wrote: »
    I have very high T levels for a woman, do you want some of mine? :D

Seriously dude, just get the shots.

wise woman
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    you ask this on a weight loss/fitness site ..... not the right place to ask this me thinks!

It's a health and fitness site. Are you complaining about people asking about birth control?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    you ask this on a weight loss/fitness site ..... not the right place to ask this me thinks!

It's a health and fitness site. Are you bitching about people asking about birth control?

I think OP needs to ask someone qualified, i.e a doctor to get the right answers....
    and 'bitching' is a harsh word to imply imo.
  • Lone_wolf46
    Lone_wolf46 Posts: 2,709 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with low T and the Dr. wrote me a script for a topical gel called Fortesa. I wonder about tridgen1991's experience causing him to say topicals don't work. My levels have since remained right in the middle of the scale, 193-740, at 491ng/dL. I recommend you go talk to your Dr. He knows way more than the average MFP poster.
  • Packerjohn
    edited June 2016
    Options

It's a health and fitness site. Are you bitching about people asking about birth control?

I think OP needs to ask someone qualified, i.e a doctor to get the right answers....

The op should speak to a doctor. Does not hurt to get opinions on a forum though as part of the education process along with reading from medical sites.

I changed my wording to complaining. Sorry for any offense.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Nothing oral or topical will work if you really do have low levels.

Why wouldn't topical work?

Topical creams rely on absorption, which is never a constant. Whilst you may increase your levels, they will not be constant which can lead to feeling worse. Plus estrogenic side effects are more likely to occur with fluctuating T levels.

So all those women using topical birth control (patches) are getting fluctuating levels?
    All the women who use topical estrogen and progesterone with menopause?
    I guess I just disagree, but that's okay.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options

The op should speak to a doctor. Does not hurt to get opinions on a forum though as part of the education process along with reading from medical sites.

I changed my wording to complaining. Sorry for any offense.

Ahh you're fine, none taken (appreciate the edit :smiley: Have a nice day :smile:
  • hal1964
    hal1964 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    OP should definitely talk to a doctor. Other things affect T levels, like brain structure. Google Empty Cella Syndrome and find out.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,672 Member
    Options
    IMO (science too), heavy deadlifts, squats, and leg presses have kept my test up all these years.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Packerjohn
    edited June 2016
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    IMO (science too), heavy deadlifts, squats, and leg presses have kept my test up all these years.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

That can definately help, but as I mentioned above I was tested at a university performance lab and was considerablly stronger than average for my age as a result of lifting for 30+ years. Still had low levels.

Everyone is different as many have mentionrf the op should work with a doctor.