Protein centric diet and plateau

Options
Hey there.

So in 65 days I lost about 15kgs about 30 lbs with my diet centered around proteins.

But last week I didn't loose anything. I may have hit a plateau.

Any suggestions!?

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear, so some weeks you'll lose, gain or stay the same. A plateau is usually a month or more.

Are you counting calories? If yes, how are you measuring your food intake?
  • swimfan10003000
    swimfan10003000 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear, so some weeks you'll lose, gain or stay the same. A plateau is usually a month or more.

Are you counting calories? If yes, how are you measuring your food intake?

Well yes . . I am looking at weighing my food and measuring my macros . . All the shenanigans. .

But u r right . . I need to look at next week as well. So far all was going okay. Now slowly Incorporating exercises in my regime. . 15kgs 65 days. Just counting macros and being watchful of what I eat .

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Definitely weigh food. It has helped so many here, me included.

It also may be better to balance carbs and fat with the protein. I believe we can eat .6g-1g per body weight of protein. Fats and carbs are just as important as the protein. Some prefer lower carbs, but all that is required t lose weight is to be in a calorie deficit (eat less calories than your body needs to maintain its current weight.)

If you just started exercising, the lack of weight loss is most definitely water weight from that. Too much sodium can certainly make it look as though you haven't lost weight on the scale. Don't give up.

What are your stats (current weight, height, age, goal weight) and how many calories are you eating now? Apart from exercise, are you active? How much?
  • swimfan10003000
    swimfan10003000 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey !

Sorry for the delayed resonse. I'm currently 130kgs height is 5ft 8inch waist is 50inches and chest is 48 inches . I want to reach 100 by year end. I'm sure there's the metric system of measurement issue here