Do you have a favorite quote?

Options

Replies

• anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    My favorite is: There are 3 choices in life: Give up.......Give in......or Give it all you've got!!!
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    "Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone." - good ol' John "Cougar" Mellancamp

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Krishnamurti

"Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of nonessentials."- Lin Yutang

"Sometimes a man wants to be stupid if it lets him do a thing his cleverness forbids." -John Steinbeck
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    "Because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

“The greatest enemy will hide in the last place you would ever look.”

“There is no avoiding war, it can only be postponed to the advantage of your enemy.”

“One thing I've learned in the last seven years: in every game and con there's always an opponent, and there's always a victim. The trick is to know when you're the latter, so you can become the former.”
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Favorite funny one is:

"You cant fix Stupid"

-Bill Engvall

@ aharmeson:
    Close. Ron White said that. Not Bill. Bill Engvall did "here's your sign."
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Bumping this for later.
  • annrum
    annrum Posts: 144
    Options
    Not weight-loss related, but some of my favourite quotes:

"QUOTATION, n: The act of repeating erroneously the words of another.
    CURIOSITY, n. An objectionable quality of the female mind. The desire to know whether or not a woman is cursed with curiosity is one of the most active and insatiable passions of the masculine soul.
    CYNIC, n. A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be. Hence the custom among the Scythians of plucking out a cynic's eyes to improve his vision."

Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde

“Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands - and all you can do is scratch it” Sir Thomas Beecham

“There are two golden rules for an orchestra: start together and finish together. The public doesn't give a damn what goes on in between.” Sir Thomas Beecham

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..." Albert Einstein
  • yeahfatty
    yeahfatty Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i'd rather be working for a paycheck than waiting to win the lottery - conor oberst.
  • GiuliaShakespeare
    Options
    "All you have to do is die."

One of my teachers in high school said that. He was asking why I was still doing something, I was saying it was because I had to, and after the fourth or fifth time around he said, "Julia, all you HAVE to do is die, now tell me really... why?" It was one of the most important things anyone has ever said to me.
  • beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    "I don't want somebody sucking up to me because they think I'm going to help their career. I want them sucking up to me because they genuinely love me." - Michael Scott (The Office)

"To gain that which is worth having, it may be necessary to lose everything."
  • just_silk
    just_silk Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure

and

Have you ever spent the night in a dumpster with a dead hobo?
  • StephanieDJL
    StephanieDJL Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'."
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    "Every man dies, but not every man lives."

LOVE THIS ONE!
  • StarCass
    StarCass Posts: 11
    Options
    "One good deed is not enough to redeem a man from a lifetime of wickedness. - But it seems enough to condemn him"

-- Pirates of the Caribbean (#1)
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    Fave philosophical: "Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics. You are all stardust. You couldn’t be here if stars hadn’t exploded. Because the elements, the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution weren’t created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars. And the only way they could get into your body is if the stars were kind enough to explode. So forget Jesus. The stars died so you could be here today." ~ Carl Sagan

I believe that is a Lawrence Krauss quote from his lecture 'A universe from nothing'.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    "We're All Mad Here!" - Cheshire the cat

I actually have it tattooed on my back along with Cheshire.
  • clancie518
    clancie518 Posts: 40
    Options
    "It's not easy being green"- Kermit the frog

Ilove it (means so many different things)
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    "We are all alone, born alone, die alone, and -- in spite of True Romance magazines -- we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely -- at least, not all the time -- but essentially, and finally, alone. This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don't see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness."
    — Hunter S. Thompson
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
    — Hunter S. Thompson
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    "I'm not gonna miss out on something that could be great just cause it might also be hard." --Listen To Your Heart …

*Why fit in when you were born to stand out?" --Dr. Seuss

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game