No more binge eating

Options
Anyone else trying to kick this habit too? Add me!

Replies

• csteeves74
    csteeves74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Currently reading a great book about binge eating, it's called Crave
  • JKI19
    JKI19 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I can go a week eating sub-1000 cals only to splurge on the last day. I've had to tone and control it so that I only "allow" myself to binge for a day when I hit every 10lb loss.

What has helped exponentially is keeping my diet relatively restrictive free except for focusing on staying within my caloric budget and general macros. :)
  • ima58er
    ima58er Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Eat almonds
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I have to allow myself all the foods I love. The beauty of counting calories. if I became restrictive with myself I would not be able to control it and I would really go on a binge!
  • Tulpit
    Tulpit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm trying as well. My weight has gotten out of control and i just can't do it anymore.
  • tanyabnrd795
    tanyabnrd795 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear iam not the only one. I am getting better with logging.
    WE CAN DO THIS!
  • SpontaneousHiker
    SpontaneousHiker Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I crochet while watching TV so that I don't snack. :) It helps!
  • VinnyDiamore
    VinnyDiamore Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    USE THE GYM!!!! after the binge go BURN it back.... it works wonders & you wont feel so bad after....
    Also whatever you love to binge on you should put into your weekly diet plan allowance.
    works for me!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    ima58er wrote: »
    Eat almonds

....then what? I neglect to see how eating almonds would help a binge-eater not binge.
    USE THE GYM!!!! after the binge go BURN it back.... it works wonders & you wont feel so bad after....
    Also whatever you love to binge on you should put into your weekly diet plan allowance.
    works for me!

The amount of exercise you would have to do in order to "burn back" the calories consumed in an actual binge would be insane. It's that "I'll have this donut and take a walk after dinner to make up for it" mentality. People think exercise burns way more calories than it actually does. This is why people say you can't out-exercise a bad diet. And it's true, unless you have no job and run all day. So, unless you're Forrest Gump...

Not that I discourage exercise after a binge, or any time for that matter. Activity does make me feel better after I've overindulged. But don't fool yourself into thinking you're going to burn thousands of calories in one gym session.
  • alexkmyers
    alexkmyers Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I recommend the book Brain Over Binge by Kathryn Hansen. Parts of it kind of read like a self-indulgent tirade by the author, but I found it helpful for my binge eating.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    There are so many good books like the ones listed above. Also keep the dieting and workouts in balance, both not too much and not too little, always listening to how you feel to ward off the binge. Sometimes eating too low, or too low for too long, or not eating up to normal maintenance at least once a week, along with all the other stress can cause binging even in those who are not prone to it. It's a constant ebb and flow with hunger and stress. Remember that eating up to normal maintenance is always a win because you won't "gain weight" when you eat normal. When dieting we tend to forget that the deficit is corrective action to correct a health problem and not normal eating! The rest is just changing your habits which all the books go into; reduce stress, ask yourself if you are truly hungry or do you need some other basic need (warmth, a deep breath, meditation, a quiet moment sitting outside, a walk, exercise, a hot cup of tea, writing in a journal, or a HUG). You can do it!!!!!
  • TheBrock84
    TheBrock84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Anyone else trying to kick this habit too? Add me!
    I am, too!!!
  • shannsharnae
    shannsharnae Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey I've been on fitness pal for a wk & just realized there's a forum lol. Calorie counting on my own to lose weight and watch my sodium/sugar/carb intake. I binge eat when I watch shows
  • nance122136
    nance122136 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am literally the worst. Sometimes I feel like I have an empty pit in my stomach and I feel the urge to non stop eat until I feel sick. Talking about it makes me feel like I'm crazy but it's uncontrollable at times.