When did people start actually noticing?

Options
girl_inflames
girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
37 pounds down and people are finally noticing! When did it happen for you?

Replies

• wsrep
    wsrep Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Mine is probably same as you around 30ish pounds.
  • CrystalArmstrong1
    CrystalArmstrong1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    30-40 lbs for me also! That's w/ me needing to lose 150 total lbs in the beginning.
  • Annahbananas
    Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    For me, it was at the 40 lb mark
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    FatimaStartsAllOver Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    About -30lbs. It all depends on how much you have to loose to begin with.
  • LeslieHuggins
    LeslieHuggins Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    20 pounds. I lose it in my face first, and that's where people notice it.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    About 10 pounds.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    20+ lbs then people started to notice
  • kirstenb13
    kirstenb13 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I think it's highly dependent on each person, I sometimes see progress pics where people have lost 50 lbs or something and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference honestly, if I saw them in real life (I'm also terrible at telling people's weight though...).
    As long as the weight went down, that was all that mattered to me.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I lost around 15 lbs in a summer.
    Four good friends noticed the loss then.
    My family didn't truly notice anything until I came back home from university for Christmas break another 33-ish lbs lighter.

• Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I had lost 70lbs, and not one person from school noticed. During winter break, i lost another 20. EVERYBODY noticed. Guess it was due to the fact that they saw me everyday

Yeah I think seeing someone everyday makes it harder to notice, but that's crazy that they didn't notice after 70 pounds. Great work, btw!
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    One or two said something around 30-40 pounds loss. Then I got a huge compliment when I had reached the 60 pound mark. It was frustrating when you you were almost as round as you are tall and no one seems to notice that you finally are getting a waist. Some think its rude to say something. Others no matter how good you are doing will never have nothing good to say and if they do comment they have negativity to spill. I had one person say I will just gain it back.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    About the same... really, when I bought new, smaller clothes, which happened after I'd lost about 30-35 lbs.
  • kaitlinfurby13
    kaitlinfurby13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Mine is at the 38 pound mark. That's how much I lost, and just yesterday was the day everyone started really commenting all at once about it. The fact that I was wearing clothes that actually fit instead of my super baggy ones probably helped too.
  • brian_the_mick
    brian_the_mick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mine was at 40lbs lost - some people said oh no he just had a haircut - others said its a bit more than that - what's your secret I was asked - told them lots of walking - CICO that's the trick
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!